Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 min. From Reference on Over sized canvas.

Gallery
    View images

30 min. From Reference on Over sized canvas.

Hey Ragers,

I did this in about 30 minutes on a 2000 x 1400 canvas I made by scanning burlap and letting a semi-transparent layer become "gesso". I started with a 5000 x 3500 canvas but that sort of made things sluggish on my system (P4 2.4 Ghz, 1Gb RAM).

I do have to say I found myself wishing for a nice badger hair blending brush.
    Still I had fun.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Wow! Fantastic!
    30 minutes? Man, that's phenomenal. The colours and expression and detail, and, well everything!

I had to show MattRage that one. He wants to steal your paper.

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Simply Beautiful!!!
    It has passed the "print it out and pin it up" test. Along with the Monet Water Lily and Sweedie's pencil sketch.

Spell out the bit about the semi opaque gesso layer for me.
    I'm making paper while awaiting my Intuos.
    Is there a future for some sort of Paper Interchange Area?

I can see problems with it because, like Fashmir's, the Elf in my computer really has to pedal hard to cope with large exotic papers.

It would take a lot space and speed, and might need a separate web site.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aged P
    I'm making paper while awaiting my Intuos.
    Is there a future for some sort of Paper Interchange Area?

I can see problems with it because, like Fashmir's, the Elf in my computer really has to pedal hard to cope with large exotic papers.

It would take a lot space and speed, and might need a separate web site.
    Y'know, we're thinking about it. It would be nice to have a way to share assets for ArtRage. At the moment the only real assets are custom papers, custom colour pickers, swatch sets, although there are liable to be more things with future versions. At the moment you're welcome to use the gallery for that kinda thing. We'll shout if our bandwidth vanishes too fast.

Gallery
    View images
    A gift,

Here is a link to the blank canvas in Art Rage format. It is about 23.5Mb it has the "gesso" layer and a blank layer to paint on as well as the underlying burlap and the grain.

www.vismag.com/Art Rage/Large Canvas 2000 x 1400.ptg

If the link is not clickable just copy and paste it into your brower address bar.

Be Well,

Fashmir
    Be well,

Gallery
    View images

The Burlap has landed!

Hi, Fashmir

Thanks a lot!

My computer is about the same as yours, this canvas stretches it to it's limits but it's worth it. Sudden dramatic moves mean that the paint tends to be a little slow reacting, well a full 4 inches behind the Mouse at times!

I've stashed it away under various file names so that I don't overpaint it someday.

The canvas still shows texture when used with Tube paint and the Palette knife, I think this is going to make Impressionist stuff a lot easier.

I will go away and experiment with it now.
    Thanks once again.

Gallery
    View images

Roller Problem

Hi Fashmir,

I'd like to check whether you've had this problem. Only because it occurred using the new canvas.

The Roller is capable,by design, of taking paint off the canvas as well as putting it on. but I was squidging merrily away with the Roller creating a Psychedelic Sunset, ample paint around straight out of the Tube, when this happened.

On every Roller setting, apart from all Zeros, the paint was stripped back to the canvas. The set of "paint free" tracks all seem the same, regardless of tool settings.

I doubt that it's canvas related, which would leave only two possibilities.
    The nut at the back of the Mouse has failed again, or there is a Bug.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Aged-P

If you can reproduce the problem, can you drop a note to support@ambientdesign.com - that will get to Dave who can put it in the buglist for us.

If you need to include the paper, so long as it's less that about 12MB you should be able to mail that as well.

Thanks!

AndyRage.

Gallery
    View images
    I haven't encountered this, but then I haven't tried exactly what you are doing. I have a thought or two though. First given that you are using a mouse and not a pressure sensitive tablet at the moment, it occurs to me that you are seeing this anomoly because of that. Did you set use mouse mode in the prefs? Next are you painting on a layer above the canvas? I assume you are as you have spoken of it in another post. If I can duplicate the anomoly I will report it.

Be well,

Fashmir
    Be well,

30 mins, that's great- very interesting in the close up how well the canvas appears thru the paint too, that's so cool. that was great to include it so we could see. i've been only using the default basic paper texture this whole time- *runs off to scan stuff* :twisted: