ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bar Harbor Sunrise

Bar Harbor Sunrise

The blending of color with the oil paint brushes seems like it can be both a blessing and a curse. It can save a lot of effort in providing intermediate colors. That was a great help in the cloud areas. But sometimes it comes up with some very unexpected colors, specially with shades of blue. Am I the only one who sees that?

Painting is based on a photo that was taken one morning 4 years ago in Bar Harbor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BarHarborSunriseBoat.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	76304

So beautiful. Great work!

Nice image! By the way: I'm having the same issues like you with those unexpected colours - especially shades of blue!

Marco

That water looks like done in the manner of Pointillism. It rather shimmers. Lovely shot.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nicely painted image!

If you are talking about the mixing of colours that produce an unexpected blend, try painting on a separate layer, mash the edges, then merge down without blending. Sometimes I will get Ink Pen set on 'colour' and paint away those aberrant sections with my chosen colour.

Others might have better suggestions.

I'm speechless in front of this marvellous painting!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I visited Bar Harbour last year...it was well worth the short trip from Bangor.... Bar Harbour is a must see for anyone visiting the beautiful state of Maine....

Impressive. Much like.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4