Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BW Line Art

Since we're talking here of unique comix characters creator and artists and You displayed quite a lot of juicy drawings, tips and tricks, I would introduce one a sheer genius of fun, comix style and a legend here in Italy, Benito Jacovitty, simply Jacovitti.
    In the 60ies, 70ies and 80ies, all of us read (together with many other Italian, French Belgian comics and locally made stories and drawn Mickey of Mouse) the comix of Cocco Bill, Zorry Kid etc. and pretty everybody school diary was a Diario Vitt, i.e. Benito Jacovitti's illustrated and written one.
    Here's a page where I gathered few of his vignerttes that we may now easily reproduce with Your hints and lessons I guess ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jacovitti.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	77039  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

L Skylar Brown; yes I know about Hockney, he is a great graphic artist, I love his drawings, he made some very very fine Line Art! Ceasar; I had not Heard of Jacovitti before, thank you for letting me know. He is real classical comical cartoonist!

Here is my latest "very smooth Line Art"..:

Name:  smooth.png
Views: 756
Size:  45.8 KB

I'm curious about your coloring technique, how do you do your shadows and highlights? The colored pieces in this thread are superb.

Basic tech...

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    I'm curious about your coloring technique, how do you do your shadows and highlights? The colored pieces in this thread are superb.
    Thank you for commenting. This is my very basic tech. But it works well in comics...

Name:  basic.png
Views: 662
Size:  52.1 KB

Henry thanks for the inspiration.

That's the technique that I learned as well, but I have not applied it as well as you have. I need more practice.

I love the man running, Henry. A wonderful piece-made me smile.

Like the emperors new clothes...

Name:  1-me nude cens.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  44.9 KB

Due to some nudity it can be seen all nude here: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...609#post456609

Lightbulb Thank You Henry Stahle for sharing your brush idea for BW line art

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    I am testing some brushes for BW line art in AR. This is the favourite one I use the most. With the right Wacom settings it acts very sensitive to pressure, from very thin to very broad without changing size. Just using the pressure sensitivity. Tool: Felt Pen (Art Pen) 100% Pressure 100% Softness and 0% Wetness = very hard and precise. Pure Black (and a bit off) White. I like that. (Font: Liam)

Attachment 76296
    THANK YOU so much for sharing your brush tip with us! I just stumbled across this message today and it helped me immensely. I am working on some rough sketches for a Superhero story and wanted the brush to have a more sensitive feel. Here is a glimpse of a couple of very quick, rough sketches using the brush settings you recommended. I didn't have to change pens at all and was able to work quickly and freely....thank you again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Such an inspirational thread. Thank you! These drawing tools made in different media are very enjoyable to work with. All the pics are superb and bring me back to my childhood when book illustrations were simple lineart and very emotive.