Thread: BW Line Art

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BW Line Art

I am testing some brushes for BW line art in AR. This is the favourite one I use the most. With the right Wacom settings it acts very sensitive to pressure, from very thin to very broad without changing size. Just using the pressure sensitivity. Tool: Felt Pen (Art Pen) 100% Pressure 100% Softness and 0% Wetness = very hard and precise. Pure Black (and a bit off) White. I like that. (Font: Liam)

Name:  gobbe.png
Views: 2615
Size:  27.5 KB

cute....I like it :

Pretty nifty Henry. The line variation really adds to your work.

Very clever and very well carried out.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Great use of the felt pen

6. I like this a lot. Looks like a woodcut.

Test Lines

Thank you for commenting my line art test. Maybe it can be useful for some of you?

I have tried the Tools in ArtRage to get a lively and organic looking line like the ones I find in Brendan Leach illustrations. I am still looking for the best deigital tool. But so far I like the AR Felt Pen most. The Ink Pen too. but it is not as responsive as the felt pen.

Name:  lines.png
Views: 2247
Size:  26.3 KB

Lightbulb Thank You Henry Stahle for sharing your brush idea for BW line art

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    I am testing some brushes for BW line art in AR. This is the favourite one I use the most. With the right Wacom settings it acts very sensitive to pressure, from very thin to very broad without changing size. Just using the pressure sensitivity. Tool: Felt Pen (Art Pen) 100% Pressure 100% Softness and 0% Wetness = very hard and precise. Pure Black (and a bit off) White. I like that. (Font: Liam)

Name:  gobbe.png
Views: 2615
Size:  27.5 KB
    THANK YOU so much for sharing your brush tip with us! I just stumbled across this message today and it helped me immensely. I am working on some rough sketches for a Superhero story and wanted the brush to have a more sensitive feel. Here is a glimpse of a couple of very quick, rough sketches using the brush settings you recommended. I didn't have to change pens at all and was able to work quickly and freely....thank you again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Such an inspirational thread. Thank you! These drawing tools made in different media are very enjoyable to work with. All the pics are superb and bring me back to my childhood when book illustrations were simple lineart and very emotive.

A thread where learned lessons and enjoyable artpieces are simultaneously put on the shelf to our grateful benefit! Thank You and congrats, dear Henri!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!