Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I need a finger for my pencil work

Fabulous set of pencils. Thank you so much for your kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by koalablue View Post
    Fabulous set of pencils. Thank you so much for your kindness.
    No problem. Glad you like them
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    No problem

Let's give the package system one last go. I repackaged the presets using an old version of ArtRage 3 I have. Hopefully your version of AR3 will be able to read it that way. You (and anyone else with AR3 looking to try these presets) may download the arpack from here: LINK.

Let me know if it works out. If not, we'll have to do it the hard way by dropping all of the files into a .rar file, and then you'll need to drop each of the files into proper folders (if you're comfortable with file extensions and folder directories), or do it all one at a time by hand in ArtRage itself. I should note however, that it may be that the presets won't work at all, since I made them using AR4 (though I did test some of them in the version of AR3 I used to repack them and they seemed alright). We'll get to that after we know whether or not the arpack above works.
    Thank you 'for the finger', Someonesane

What fun I'll have exploring these pencils. Thanks for having packaged a version for ArtRage 3.
    I get the same weird message of "Success! the pack failed at downloading...." when it's a pack formated for later versions, as I first found out with Fashmir's brushes. I'll soon ask him if he can offer a AR3 version of his pack.

..It's a real celebration day: I had NEVER EVER downloaded any packs before today! I've been using ArtRage Studio Pro for two years now, with laptop and mouse, no addition whatsoever. Why didn't I ever take the time to fetch additional packs before!?!??
    ...Oh, probably because I was already having so much fun with ArtRage anyway.
    Last edited by Rachelle; 02-07-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelle View Post
    Thank you 'for the finger', Someonesane

What fun I'll have exploring these pencils. Thanks for having packaged a version for ArtRage 3.
    I get the same weird message of "Success! the pack failed at downloading...." when it's a pack formated for later versions, as I first found out with Fashmir's brushes. I'll soon ask him if he can offer a AR3 version of his pack.

..It's a real celebration day: I had NEVER EVER downloaded any packs before today! I've been using ArtRage Studio Pro for two years now, with laptop and mouse, no addition whatsoever. Why didn't I ever take the time to fetch additional packs before!?!??
    ...Oh, probably because I was already having so much fun with ArtRage anyway.
    Hi Rachelle and welcome to the ArtRage forums

I'm glad you're enjoying your time exploring the ARpacks and my pencil pack, in particular. If you're looking to explore with some more pencil-like Sticker Spray presets, feel free to also try my Sketch Brushes ARpack on This Page. I believe I made them with AR Studio Pro, so you should have no trouble unpacking them. If you do, however, let me know and I'll try to repack them for you. Also, do keep in mine that I tend to favor a preset with Pressure control (as a tablet user), so many of them are designed to get a varying look to them, via applied pressure on a stylus. So do experiment with the variations panel for them a little, so you don't miss out on any of the intricacies they may afford.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

thank you SOS

Trouble

Hi! I'm a relatively new Artrage user and have never downloaded a package of presets (or tools) for use with the program. I love what I can see of this pencil set. But I can't get it to open. The download completed smoothly. But when I tried to open the file, it prompted me to use an "App Store" application. It did not list Artrage in the "other programs" list. And when I tried to open the file from within Artrage, that didn't work either.

I'm using Windows 8.1 on a Surface 3.

Any suggestions on how I can open the file? Any help would be appreciated.

If you click on the download icon - looks like a box tied with a green ribbon - it will open ArtRage and all you have to do is check the boxes and it will automatically install the presets.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

If that's not working, go to File > Install Package File and browse to open the downloaded .arpack (check that the file you downloaded does have an .arpack extension).

There's a walkthrough tutorial here, if you need to check what you're seeing against the steps: http://artrageteam.deviantart.com/ar...Rage-415969643

If that doesn't work, can you link the file you downloaded? Does it look like a green gift icon? What version of ArtRage do you have?

I got it to work! Thanks everybody. I'm using artrage 4.5. For some reason, when I opened the downloaded file, I was prompted to go to the App Store. As I mentioned, "open with Other programs" did not include artrage. But I hunted around and found program files and then opened Artrage. The preset package appeared immediately and I was able to activate it. Thanks!

Awesome, glad to hear it!