Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a finger for my pencil work

I need a finger for my pencil work

Hi everyone

I am sketching out a steampunk theme picture with a robot (see below). I was just putting in where I wanted some of the shadows and it felt kind of nice working with the pencil, so perhaps I will do the hole picture with pencil when I am ready to finish it off... The thing is, I tried to use the palette tool as a stub/finger to rubb the pencil lines and getting a nice blended look, but not much happened...

Does anyone know how I can get a finger in Artrage?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steam3.jpg 
Views:	930 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	76248

Good blender. I got this from a member a while ago and use it all the time.

Attachment 76252

I created some presets that may help. I've put them all into a .arpack which may be downloaded from HERE. Just save it to your computer and then double click on the file. Your computer should recognize the file as belonging to ArtRage and then open the program for you, where it will then walk you through the rest of the installation process for whichever items in the pack you'd like to save.

In the screen shot below, you'll see the list of items that it has to offer, and a quick picture I drew using only the presets within the package. The first group shown in the list holds Sticker Spray presets that I designed to emulate a pencil. To use them, select the Sticker Spray tool, open the Presets panel and open the group named "Pencil Pack". The second group shown in the list, only holds a single sticker sheet. Odds are good, you'll never need to find that file, because its sole purpose is for use with the Sticker Spray Presets in the group I just mentioned. Should you need to find it however, open the Sticker Sheet panel and locate the group named "Pencil Pack". The third group shown has three presets for the Palette Knife tool that are probably the most relevant to your question. They're designed to spread and blur out the pencil marks, similar to a tortillon stub tool (or your finger).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pencilsetshow.jpg 
Views:	1273 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	76253
    Last edited by Someonesane; 05-28-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Update Resource Link
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I created some presets that may help. I've put them all into a .arpack which may be downloaded from HERE. Just save it to your computer and then double click on the file. Your computer should recognize the file as belonging to ArtRage and then open the program for you, where it will then walk you through the rest of the installation process for whichever items in the pack you'd like to save.
    Thank you Someonesane, but Artrage tells me, that the package is either not correct format or is damaged....

Hi Den_er_da_hvid
    Strange, I just downloaded it and it installed fine for me in AR4.0.4.
    Have you tried downloading it again? It could be that the package was corrupted in the downloading process. Rare, but it can happen.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Den_er_da_hvid View Post
    Thank you Someonesane, but Artrage tells me, that the package is either not correct format or is damaged....
    As Markw mentioned, there's a possibility that the file became corrupted when you downloaded it. If you've already tried to download the file again and it still didn't work, it probably means you're working off of an older version of ArtRage then I am. Let me know if you still can't get it to work and I'll get them to you another way. Information that would be helpful:

• What version of the ArtRage program are you using?
    • Do you happen to have winrar or some other method of opening a .rar file type?

Thank you, you are all so kind :-)

I just tried to download it again, and it was the same. I am using artrage pro 3.5.5. And I do have winrar.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    As Markw mentioned, there's a possibility that the file became corrupted when you downloaded it. If you've already tried to download the file again and it still didn't work, it probably means you're working off of an older version of ArtRage then I am. Let me know if you still can't get it to work and I'll get them to you another way. Information that would be helpful:

• What version of the ArtRage program are you using?
    • Do you happen to have winrar or some other method of opening a .rar file type?

Quote Originally Posted by Den_er_da_hvid View Post
    Thank you, you are all so kind :-)
    No problem

Let's give the package system one last go. I repackaged the presets using an old version of ArtRage 3 I have. Hopefully your version of AR3 will be able to read it that way. You (and anyone else with AR3 looking to try these presets) may download the arpack from here: LINK.

Let me know if it works out. If not, we'll have to do it the hard way by dropping all of the files into a .rar file, and then you'll need to drop each of the files into proper folders (if you're comfortable with file extensions and folder directories), or do it all one at a time by hand in ArtRage itself. I should note however, that it may be that the presets won't work at all, since I made them using AR4 (though I did test some of them in the version of AR3 I used to repack them and they seemed alright). We'll get to that after we know whether or not the arpack above works.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 05-28-2017 at 05:11 PM. Reason: updated resource link

Wow! What a cool set of presets! The three blenders are very cool too! Much appreciated!
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Great package. It took a moment to get oriented to where they were, but got them installed and they work great.