ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Intuos4 pen not working in ArtRage, works fine elsewhere

Intuos4 pen not working in ArtRage, works fine elsewhere

I am in the middle of a project I must complete today and my Intuos4 pen repeatedly stops working in ArtRage. It works everywhere outside of the program, and my mouse can interact with AR. What happens is I'll be working and suddenly the pen dies in AR. Cannot even bring the cursor into the program window with the pen, but can with the mouse. Worked fine yesterday for over 10 hours. Same problem with another pen so I'm pretty sure this is an ArtRage issue. It started working again after system restart but now quit again. I've checked all AR and Wacom settings, updated to latest AR Pro version 3.5.5 and newest Wacom drivers. This is very frustrating. I might have to move the project to a different program to complete, will take much longer. If someone can help I would really appreciate it. I have now submitted 2 Support requests with no response at all. Is there anywhere else to get some help with this issue? AR has been my favorite program for work drawings but it is now useless. Any suggestions at all? Does Tech Support really exist? ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.5 Windows 7, 64 bit
    Last edited by Carla; 07-16-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Windows ink issue

Check your ArtRage prefernces..there is an option for the Windows ink..there is probably an issue, a conflict. Read AR manual if you do not understand how to do it.
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

It sounds like a driver issue if it started happening suddenly, we will need to do some troubleshooting via email. Your support mail came in overnight here which is why we're answering it now, you should see some steps sent through soon.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you Henry and Matt. The settings changes you recommended in email solved the main problem Matt. I had tried that but not in that exact combination. Pen is working in ArtRage but now the pen buttons and eraser are not. At least I can finish the drawing. The Flicks is a constant annoyance. Already went to try and turn it off, but it says it's already disabled. It is definitely not, and may be causing other problems. I hope I can solve them - transferred project to 3 different programs to try and finish and couldn't do anything I wanted to do, at least not as easily as in AR. Thanks again. : )