ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: No cropping, please!

No cropping, please!

In Corel Painter there is no crop if one imports a file into a new layer. The imported Picture retains its full size all the time so you can go back whenever you want to edit the artwork. In ArtRage the imported picture gets cropped, cut to fit the size of the canvas, when you accept the imported or transformed picture. To bad, that makes ArtRage hard to use for my illustration work as I often have to edit my artwork more than one time to get it right. I wish ArtRage would act just like Painter (and Photoshop) in this case. No cropping please..!
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

I am not sure that is right Henry.

If the image is too big it will go outside the frame of the canvas, but if you drag it back in using the handles it will all come back inside the canvas, provided you DO NOT hit Enter. Once you've done that the image is cropped for good. At least I think that's right :-)

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

AR = save it and it gets cropped

In Painter, if you save or hit enter, it is still uncropped. That means, next day or next week, or even next year you can get back and edit the artwork using the pictures that you imported to different layers, even if they are much bigger than the cancas, without losing any information at all. That is: if you save it in the native Painter format. That is what I like to see in ArtRage too.
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 07-14-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Ah, I see what you mean. You're right. I can't think of any work around either.

Put it in the suggestions forum Henry. The Artrage boys are pretty good. And think it's a good suggestion. I have been caught out a few times.

In peace.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========