ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Brand new to forum

Brand new to forum

Hello Everyone,

I have been creating my art work using ***** (don't know if I should use their name) Painter, but I think I have finally had it with the company. I will probably be switching to ArtRage. I have been trying to find another good art software package and I believe ArtRage will fit the bill...

Anyway, just wanted to share a couple piece of my work... hopefully I can upload them correctly ... these are from a series on Butterflies that I have been doing... I still have one more to go... they are 100% hand drawn using a Wacom Intuos tablet and art software.

Randy
    Name:  A Study On Butterflies_1_Monarch.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  217.1 KBName:  A Study On Butterflies_2_CrimsonRose.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  239.7 KBName:  A Study On Butterflies_4_Zebra_Longwing.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  364.9 KBName:  A Study On Butterflies_3_Blue_Morpho.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  267.0 KB
    Last edited by RandyMyers; 07-12-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Beautiful work.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Thank you Sir!

I just looked at your website... beautiful... are these done with ArtRage or are they from a variety of sources?

I personally have always found great enjoyment from art... and absolutely love still photography... but I was always to busy worrying about supporting family, etc.

A few years ago I bought a graphics tablet and discovered that I enjoyed creating my own work when I could mix my love of computers and art... I still work full time as a software engineer so I find the time is limited that I spend on my art.... I have laid out the final piece in the butterfly series, but have been thinking about letting that rest for a bit and exploring ArtRage on a new project.

Here is the initial sketch of the remaining piece in the butterfly series... it shows my sketching abilities are so so, at best, but I love to mix the colors and work with them to get the final image....

Name:  A Study On Butterflies_5_DorisLongwing.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  177.4 KB
    Last edited by RandyMyers; 07-12-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Great work-fantastic focal.

Welcome Randy! Your work is truly beautiful!

Welcome in here, dear mate! You're both an illustrator and an entomologist as far as I can see!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

These are looking great.. welcome here!

Welcome to the forum, beautiful butterflies. Are these made with Artrage? Regardless, the artistic factor is high!!

Thank you to all the kind words....

They are not created with ArtRage. I had an older version of ArtRage that came with my Asus Slate, but I never really got into it. These were all created with a program that I am very dis-pleased with the company. Their corporate policies and terrible customer support (as in you can not even call them without paying for a support call) has driven me away. Therefore I just bought the new version of ArtRage and will be teaching myself how to use it with an up coming project. I may use the other project to finish up the butterfly series but then try to really get into ArtRage with the next one.

I love your work Tony! Where they done with ArtRage?