ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Crashing On Zooms

Crashing On Zooms

Let me begin by saying I love the app, and so I hope that this problem is either my fault, or can be solved easily. I have been working with the program for a little over 2 weeks. I find that when I move too quickly, that I am crashing the program. This generally happens when I zoom in or out quickly. I have done the usual, turned off all other apps, done a full reboot of the ipad, etc. I am not getting the notice that I am running out of memory, so I don't believe that is the problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you let me know:

-What size of image you're working with
    -Whether this happens in a new painting
    -The iOS version you're using
    -The version of iPad you're using
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Of course:

Size: 1600x1066
    IOS: 6.1.3
    IPad 4 Retina Display
    Yes, early on in the process.

Also, I just realized it is happening when I have a photo imported for tracing over. Since most of my work has involved that early on, I don't have any experience without underlayed photos.

Thank you again for checking this out.

Thanks for the additional information. I've been looking at this system today to see if I can find anything and I haven't been able to replicate it so far. I will give tracing overlays a shot as well but can I ask does the crash happen if all you are doing is zooming, or is it if you paint a stroke then quickly zoom after that? If it's the latter then I may have an idea of what is causing it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Yes, I think do believe it is a paint stroke followed by a quick zoom change. Hadn't thought about what I was doing before it, but I usually make a tight edit, then quickly zoom out to look at the overall picture.

Thanks for the info. I've made a change that may affect this and I will be submitting an update soon.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you so much. I have to say, the support you guys give is amazing.