ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New to ArtRage

New to ArtRage

Hi I am just starting out getting back into drawing and stuff and I got a Bamboo Splash with ArtRage. I just wanted to post a few pictures get some opinions, suggestions, tips tricks, that sort of thing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bulbasaur.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	76095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cockatiel.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	76096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dachshund Finished.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	76097Name:  Painted Horse.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  13.9 KBName:  Seahorse with outline.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  21.5 KB

The sea horse was my very first drawing in ArtRage, then the bird, dog and bulbasaur.

I am working on a daily doodle challenge to keep motivated and try new things, it is at dailydoodlechallenge.wordpress.com if you want to see more of my stuff. So thoughts on what I can improve on? What do you like? What don't you like? Tips for colouring or how to get nicer smooth lines?

Thanks,

~Roamin'

Hi Roamim

Welcome!

I think what you've drawn is great!

A couple of tool settings you may want to experiment with, if you aren't already:

1. When drawing lines with the inkpen adjust the "smoothing" setting to help give you straighter lines, and
    2. make sure that under [Tools][Colour Options] you have [Real Colour Blending] checked.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Welcome to you Roamin!

You doing a daily challenge will hone your skills, and the ones you have posted here show you have a good basic ability. We'll look forward to more.
    Last edited by copespeak; 07-02-2013 at 10:05 AM.