ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls Playing

Girls Playing

Just a quick scribble of my lovely girls playing on a beautiful Saturday morning recently. They were so full of joy, with big grins on their faces and the sunlight lighting up their coats.

I haven't done much for a while, with a big computer issue on my big Dell, requiring numerous visits and replacements from the tech girl. All under warranty, thank heavens, but everything had to be restored.

Now, it's winter in Victoria and with the sun hanging low in the north, it's too bright to paint on the screen when it's bright and sunny, so blinds are in order.

It's grey today, so I can play!

Attachment 76090

That's a lovely easy (in style) joyful sketch, Robyn.

Dogs are a joy: especially when they are not turning our garden into dog-desert :-)

Only cats at the moment.

Gorgeous sketch though.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Thanks Brett! Joyful was feeling I wanted. They played for ages as we watched them from the verandah. Of course Zara the poodle is now much smaller than Dova and can get a bit overwhelmed by such a big puppy. If it gets a bit rough, we've discovered we can knock on a hard surface and Zara turns the tables, going after her, helping to even out the imbalance.

No blood was spilled!!

Absolutely delightful

The girls are charming and so well painted. Love it!

Robyn, I was suprised by this, I was expecting two little girls etc, and this is a delightful work. the joy of the dogs and the fresh spontaneity of the brush marks, a very successful work. So sorry to hear of your computer issues. I just upgraded to a new (to me ) system and had to backup and organized works, reload find software keys... a pain. while digital work involved no clean up after painting it does have its own downside.

Lovely. Brought back. Good memories. Thank you

Really lovely Robyn, the stance of the dogs and their body expressions are great.
    I can see you enjoy your dogs.
    Geoff

Love your sketchy style! It feels like a children's book in that context, yet very modern in the artist's serious painting direction. . . and further in a sketchbook direction. I quite like it. Thank goodness for cameras and action poses. Helps us sort things out from all kinds of angles.

Could you imagine the work it would take to construct this kind of action scene without being stylized? Would need to do it a lot like an animator who has made a detailed study of animals in motion and then draw it a gazillion times to get facile with it. Some people do it though.

And didn't you say you were a dog groomer -- definitely a knowledge of their anatomy would maybe even make it a breeze compared to the rest of us who need the model (read: photo) to work from.

Very light spirited pic. Good on ye, lass.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A big thank to you to everyone for your kind words!

Yes, Mr Akey, knowing dogs as well as I do certainly helps. I didn't trace for this one so the anatomy won't be extra correct, I just wanted the feeling. I've done detail for years and have decided to move away from it and have some fun.

It looks like they are having so much fun, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307