ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Kekerengu

Kekerengu

Where my best beloved and I like to go and eat lunch sometimes in the shop there.

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kekerengu.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	76076
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Fantastic. Wonderful style.

I like the re-use of that leaf shape that you used for the trees in a previous pic on the road. It was good there but it's really nice here.

LOVE and I mean LOVE that wave. Really fantastic that.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Really nice painting and I can see why you visit this great place, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I had to wait until night time to see this as the winter sun is messing with my screen! It was worth waiting for. Really nice little painting Brett.

this is beautiful work Brett, these past couple have a different feel that your earlier works. I really like these blues. the variance between the sky blue ( very deep saturated sky ) and the slightly greenish tint of the Ocean blues.. I also love the texturing in the colors of various tones of the color... and as DAkey says the leaf forms in the foreground are sweet!... I also am impressed with the flattened space in this one , meaning that the colors and shapes are layered do not give a sense of directional lighting or atmospheric distance, this adds to the decorative quality like a very fine print... nice work

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support.

For anyone interested in a technical note, the trees and leaves that have been mentioned are created with the inkpen. Set the taper bias to 10%, the taper length to 70% and the smoothing to 80% and the opacity to about 80% or more. Then you can use pen pressure to get different sizes of leaves/trees whatever. You can play with the settings once you see what they do. Moving the taper bias will create a "stalk/trunk" on the end of the leaf etc etc.

Cheers

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Really nice Brett, a lovely place.
    Geoff