ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 2013-0629 Ocean City NJ redo

2013-0629 Ocean City NJ redo

I first painted this in 2005 using the trace function in Ink Art. I was happy with the result then, because it felt like real painting. But I always wanted to paint the same picture again without tracing and to measure my improvement. The new painting is presented here. Hope You like.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

a very nice effort Jim.. I like the effect of reflected light on the water..

I love it. I really like the washy reflections which look like they could be considered slick, speedy painting that feels like a generic effect and doesn't feel personal, and then coming in with details that sort of catch your attention like the occasional sound of a wave or people in the water.

At least that's how it feels to me and it works great. It's like a counterpoint, perhaps like being in an active, almost blurry milieu with so much to process that it lays into a blur and then someone close turns to you and starts passing an observation of a detail (in this case about the lifeguard tower). It's very much a change in focus. That's an interesting counterpoint indeed.

Nice pic.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Beautiful colors well painted

Love all the blended effects. Very nice!

LOVE IT its soooooooooooooooog good, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

very painterly feel and like your brush strokes a lot. Very nice painting.

thanks for your comments. I'm glad this forum is here.