ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denizens

Denizens

lurking in dreams, and the ocean depths...not sure how friendly they are either..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denizens.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	496.9 KB 
ID:	76034  

Another beauty Gary. The title makes you look deeper into it to see what you might be seeing.

Thanks Robyn, so glad you like this. I had been watching an old Discovery channel show about the "denizens" of the deep ocean, and saw an amazing variety of life with wild shape and bio-luminescence in blue and reds....they are discovering new life forms every time they go down and so far have only search 1% of the ocean floor..

Great colourful painting, Gary

Hi Gary, so nice to see your paintings again, and this one is very expressive and strong

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Great colourful painting, Gary
    Thanks Jean so glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Hi Gary, so nice to see your paintings again, and this one is very expressive and strong
    Pat! great to hear from you ... I know you are bouncing back and forth and don't have a lot of personal time so it is good to hear from you.. and pleased you liked this one.

Great abstract Gary. Those bioluminescent creatures are amazing.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I always wondered what became of the black light posters of the Spanish galleon in the head shops. Clearly now it can be seen that it was overfilled filled to the gunnels transporting gold from Acapulco and cellophane packaged munchies when it struck a bubble from a lava lamp and sank. Hey, la caca pasa.

However, this painting is rather cool. It's a neat interpretation of the depths. I may have mentioned before having a tropical fish aquarium as a lad. I used to love going to the psycho-tropical fish shop, all dim and lit only by the colored glow from the various aquariums. and each of them had the most marvelously strange fish some of which were neon and seemed to glow in those lights. I always found them mesmerizing.

My family had BW TV for a long time, but maybe that was the launch for me of living color and on some submerged level was what made me want to become an artist, because of that feeling which you seem to have captured. I certainly was never conscious of it but the closest association I can make with it was the special luminous color of a Christmas tree in a darkened room. Both had a very positive and magical association for me. Painting could well have been something of an attempt to recreate that unique feeling which most of the rest of the world lacked.

I don't think the depths and shadows are necessarily populated only by nastiness. But I digress. I can see you were probably going after more of the primal chomping machines, and of course, it's a lot more interesting. I like the painting a lot.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    Great abstract Gary. Those bioluminescent creatures are amazing.

Brett
    Brett, thanks ! ya I was blown away by the diversity of life forms and the complex array of methods to avoid being eaten...

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I always wondered what became of the black light posters of the Spanish galleon in the head shops. Clearly now it can be seen that it was overfilled filled to the gunnels transporting gold from Acapulco and cellophane packaged munchies when it struck a bubble from a lava lamp and sank. Hey, la caca pasa.

However, this painting is rather cool. It's a neat interpretation of the depths. I may have mentioned before having a tropical fish aquarium as a lad. I used to love going to the psycho-tropical fish shop, all dim and lit only by the colored glow from the various aquariums. and each of them had the most marvelously strange fish some of which were neon and seemed to glow in those lights. I always found them mesmerizing.

My family had BW TV for a long time, but maybe that was the launch for me of living color and on some submerged level was what made me want to become an artist, because of that feeling which you seem to have captured. I certainly was never conscious of it but the closest association I can make with it was the special luminous color of a Christmas tree in a darkened room. Both had a very positive and magical association for me. Painting could well have been something of an attempt to recreate that unique feeling which most of the rest of the world lacked.

I don't think the depths and shadows are necessarily populated only by nastiness. But I digress. I can see you were probably going after more of the primal chomping machines, and of course, it's a lot more interesting. I like the painting a lot.
    thanks DAkey nice digression on your experience with aquariums! I always found them to be magicial places also. AND you have given me some ideas for new work involving Spanish galleon's and lava lamps Stay cool !

gxhpainter,
    In and out these conflicting illusions move from full discovery and ... just when it's thought that
    they are about to reveal themselves, the nebulous atmosphere of discloser again closes, protecting
    it's evasive occupants in a perpetual tease of detection. An impressive, creative piece!
    Mairzie Dotes