ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ocean view

Ocean view

Trying to learn how to do waves. Advice?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oceansurf.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	75998

Interesting low angle. Sort of minimizes our look at the water in favor of the grass on the foreground bluff. Fine if that's your intention.

Ordinarily I would find the water more interesting than the grass in an ocean view. But it's not always the case that you would have to. Often times though those wonderful foreground elements can be used as a framing device for the water, leading the eye in or cradling the main area of interest. And then you would perhaps want to see how the foreground and the main feature of the image work together compositionally. Context is everything.

That rocky area out toward the water is looking interesting.

Anyway, it's a nice piece. More please!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the insight. I don't normally draw landscapes or seascapes. I have made some dragon drawings and flowers using gimp and Corel paint in the past.
    but I am really liking artrage, it has become my favorite.