ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Comic Book Collaboration

Comic Book Collaboration

Hey there, Art Rage users. My name is Christian. I am a comic book critic and writer and I am posting on here because I want to find somebody with which to do comics.

Basically, I am a huge comic book reader and fan and I really want to get into writing them. As a critic, I have contacts within several different companies and in talking to them, I have learned that pretty much all comic companies only accept submissions from full, completed works, not just writing scripts.

I am nowhere near as good at art as the majority of the people on here that I have seen, so I figured I'd ask and see if there was anyone else that wants to do comics.

I have samples from my portfolio that I can share and bibles/scripts written out for multiple ideas. I just want to find a cool artist to partner with.

Anyway, any serious people feel free to chat! I look forward to hopefully meeting some cool people on here.

Well, it's odd because I see there are lots of users online regularly. I guess they just don't post as often as they used to.

There are so many artists out there in the world, I'm sure you will find the right artist who would be willing to throw in with you. Heck, they may have already contacted privately.

Good luck. And have a ball with it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yeah, I hope so! Thanks for your response.

You may want to look into self-publishing-that's the route I'm going. To sit and rely on a huge publishing company may take years and may still be overlooked, but in this day and age we have the capability to do it without a large company. I currently post a webcomic online and will be taking it to print as soon as I finish up with volume 2 (about 4 pages away!) so consider the merits of self publishing as well.

It might help to look at any forums associated with Manga Studio as well. Smith Micro's software is comic creation biased and they released a great new basic version earlier this year, the more expensive 'Pro' version of which was launched yesterday. It can import art exported from ArtRage if necessary so might be a great companion software to it, if its own drawing and painting options don't appeal to you.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card