ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Interesting way to show stages of progress in a painting.

Interesting way to show stages of progress in a painting.

I was on LinkedIn this morning and read a post in a concept art group about a new site for displaying sequential images. I checked it out and like what I'm seeing. There is room for improvement here but the concept is really cool.

https://strobbr.com/davidmanuel/strobbs
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

That was actually helpful, it gave me a better of the mechanics of painting. Thanks. I'll dance at your wedding,f there ever is one. I'd give you my firstborn child but that would be cruel. You would send her back, unless you needed to put a hit on somebody. She has a talent for that. Chip off the old block.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

It certainly is an interesting concept Fashmir. A bit creaky here and there, but once it was up and running..... Good to see your terrific work.

Like a synopsis version of captured videos showing the painting process or whatever (which can get tedious even when sped up). This certainly has quick navigation. But the videos could be scrubbed through to a key place if you have the movie.

This process compares with stages in panels like in a book on painting. And I imagine the file sizes are greatly reduced over a video as well.

Are these just .gifs?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Interesting Fashmir

Hi Fashmir,

I like this "Strobbr" and the way you can scrub back and fro in the diffrent stages of the paintings (or photos). The limitations are: no animation, no sound fx, no narration, no text, no subtitles, no music, and only 30 "pages". But, maybe, the limitation is the strenght of Strobb; the simplicity. It is as simple as it can be. I think so. Simplicity is the thing...

Here is one video I made today (a rainy day) just for the test and fun of it, being inspired by you and the Strobbr. It is all ArtRage and Windows Movie Maker done. I will try out Strobber another day when it rains...

Happy Midsummer all!
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 06-27-2013 at 06:22 AM.
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    Hi Fashmir,

I like this "Strobbr" and the way you can scrub back and fro in the diffrent stages of the paintings (or photos). The limitations are: no animation, no sound fx, no narration, no text, no subtitles, no music, and only 30 "pages". But, maybe, the limitation is the strenght of Strobb; the simplicity. It is as simple as it can be. I think so. Simplicity is the thing...

Here is one video I made today (a rainy day) just for the test and fun of it, being inspired by you and the Strobbr. It is all ArtRage and Windows Movie Maker done. I will try out Strobber another day when it rains...

Happy Midsummer all!
    Very nice presentation platform. It's well done and the pacing is controlled by the presenter which in this case is just right IMHO. And the music adds a lot. By the way, I like the art too. If you can edit, you may want to have her teeth whiter than the flesh when she smiles at the end. But well done.
    I like your creative use of wipes for bringing on the lines making it appear like it's being drawn (I think that's what you did). Another great platform for presenting art.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream