ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Removing locked items

1. Question Removing locked items

Is it possible to remove any of the pre-installed items in the stickers, stencils and pickers files? I'd like to be able to remove anything that I'm never likely to use (particularly the "fun" items) so that I can find the things I do use more easily. More customisable panels or multiple toolboxes would also help in organising the workspace. Artrage is gradually taking on a more professional feel and I believe this would help that process.

They're located in the "Resources" folder, found within the folder you installed your ArtRage program to. For example, I installed the program to the area the installer recommended, so I'd find the Resources folder in the following location on my Vista OS computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 4\Resources

Where you find them on your system will depend on the OS you're using and the place you chose to install the program.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

3. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    They're located in the "Resources" folder, found within the folder you installed your ArtRage program to. For example, I installed the program to the area the installer recommended, so I'd find the Resources folder in the following location on my Vista OS computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 4\Resources

Where you find them on your system will depend on the OS you're using and the place you chose to install the program.
    Thanks Someonesane, that's really helpful. I'm using mac os 10.8 - so I hope I can track them down fairly easily.

On Macs, assuming that AR is in the Applications folder;

Applications > Right click on the AR App > choose 'Show Package Contents' from the popup menu > Contents > Resources

And be very careful what you do in there!

I will also note that if/when you update AR in the future you will have to go back in and remove them once more as they are part and parcel of the app and will always get installed in an update.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

5. Resources folder

I haven't been able to find the folder I want. I think what you were referring to is the custom content folder. I want to be able to remove some of the pre-intalled items in order to create a leaner more purposeful set of resources. I suspect that there is no way to do this easily, which is why I think that multiple toolboxes (being able to have more than one toolbox open at a time) would be a useful development.

6. removing unwanted resource files

Thanks very much markw that is just what I wanted - so simple!!