ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Oil brush setting

Oil brush setting

Hello !
    I am a new member on this forum and a new user to ArtRage. I was wondering if it's possible to make that oil brush never runs out of paint? I am painting with oil brush and i make three lines with it and it runs out of color and i have to click again on the canvas.

I hope someone understands the problem.

Thanks !

Hi Blaze and welcome
    Not sure I fully understand your question, as phrased, I'm afraid.
    But here's how the brushes paint loading works;
    At the start of any new stoke the brush will be loaded with a given amount of paint.
    The amount of paint loaded can be set by the user in the brush's Settings panel.
    Every time you stop making a stroke on the canvas the brush will automatically reload with more paint ready for the next stroke.
    At 100% loading a single brush stroke will just keep going and going!
    At 1% loading it will hardly make a mark.
    At 0% you have no paint, just a dry brush. It will however still interact with, pickup and blend, any paint that's already been laid down.
    Hope this was helpful. As with any new software be curious, poke and prod settings and ask questions here.
    Have fun!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hi Blaze and welcome
    Not sure I fully understand your question, as phrased, I'm afraid.
    But here's how the brushes paint loading works;
    At the start of any new stoke the brush will be loaded with a given amount of paint.
    The amount of paint loaded can be set by the user in the brush's Settings panel.
    Every time you stop making a stroke on the canvas the brush will automatically reload with more paint ready for the next stroke.
    At 100% loading a single brush stroke will just keep going and going!
    At 1% loading it will hardly make a mark.
    At 0% you have no paint, just a dry brush. It will however still interact with, pickup and blend, any paint that's already been laid down.
    Hope this was helpful. As with any new software be curious, poke and prod settings and ask questions here.
    Have fun!
    This was exactly what i was looking for. You couldn't explain better Thanks for the quick answer !