ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Picton Road

The Picton Road

Yesterday I drove my wife to the Interisland ferry (about 30 minutes away) and this caught my eye as we were driving in.

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picton road.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	487.4 KB 
ID:	75991
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Neat concept. It's interesting how you say something caught your eye when it ended up so stylized. Did the image come into focus before you painted it? Or are you saying that the scene caught your attention while driving and then later when painting it it became this style? I'm only wondering if your style is so ingrained in you that you can translate an image in the world into a stylized image, like "I know how I'm going to paint this one."

Or did you insist she take the wheel as you suddenly grabbed your iPad and started sketching on the fly?

What I particularly find interesting is your stylization of the trees on the right. You ought to take to chauffeuring your lady around for inspiration more often. But have her drive. . . It only makes good sense.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Kenmo.

Mr Dakey: I see the road, the hills and trees (a pine forest) and the mist behind and above all I catch the mood. Then I carry that mood and mental image home, lay it out with pencil and paper and then try to put that into Artrage. For me painting is about what I feel rather than what is actually there.

I actually altered the painting after I posted. I like this one better.

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picton road.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	76012
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Terrific Brett! Such a unique style.

Thanks Robyn.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I really like the style of this one well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Brett, wow!, this is one of my favorites from you.. I love the richly textured colors and stylization of the trees and road...I don't know if you can create others based on some of the techniques used here but this is a gem!

Really like this Brett, the eyes travel right down that road, great painting