ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Maximun Resolution

Maximun Resolution

Hello Everybody:

I work with images of 11811 x 11811 pixel (1mt. 300dpi) and I don't know if the soft allows this monsters...

The hard is an I7 8 cores 24GB RAM and in photoshop I can put 20 layers at that resolution and works like a 1024 image... fine fine...

I have tryed a 8000 x 8000 image in ArtRage and works fine, but its a bit slow, There is a maximun resolution? do ArtRage Crash? there is a technical limit? I have read all the F1 and I have seen no reference to this issue...

Thanks!!!

Hi there,

There isn't a specific limit built in. ArtRage can use up to 4GB of RAM, so it will depend on the size and complexity of the document. Larger sizes take more resources so will not perform as quickly as smaller sizes. I'd recommend trying out the largest size and greatest complexity you're likely to be working with in the demo ( http://www.artrage.com/artrage-demos.html ) to check whether it will be suitable for your needs.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks, when a 64 version? I am a professional painter and it will be amazing to paint a work completely in AR...but I need large resolutions and large tools...

Thanks again.

N.

We've got no announcements to make about a 64 bit version at this time. We'll let everyone know more when we have some more information.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.