ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Canvas Settings glitch?

Canvas Settings glitch?

Hello.
    Every time I click on a decorative pattern, and then press OK, if I want to remove it later clicking "Clear Item" it doesn't really work.
    The pattern stays there, selected until I close the program. Any way to fix this?
    ArtRage 4.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Toke; 06-16-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Just to help the AR team in identifying the cause of your issue, I'll mention that the Clear Item option is working fine with my AR4 on my Vista OS system.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

That doesn't seem to happen for me when I try here with the current version, so could you let me know:

1/ What version of ArtRage 4 you're using. If it's prior to ArtRage 4.0.4 I'd recommend downloading the latest version and trying again.
    2/ The operating system you're using
    3/ Steps you're using for adding the pattern i.e. where you're adding it from ( from the collection, from disk ), how you're doing it ( via View -> Canvas settings or another way )
    4/ How you're accessing clear item ( e.g. click on View -> Casnvas Settings. Opent he pattern tab, choose 'clear item' from the menu )

Once I know more that should help in working out what's causing the problem for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Is what I do in the attached vid what you're seeing Toke? (Ah, I see we can only post still images!)
    Dropbox link;
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ear%20Item.mp4

P.S to Ambient Design;
    Can we not post screencapture videos directly here? It would make things easier if we could.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

The forums don't currently support embedding video. Thanks for that, what you've shown could be what the original poster is seeing. Clearing the pattern clears the colour for the canvas. You will still have a canvas grain ( texture ). If you want to change the grain, click the grain tab and choose a different grain ( 'load from collection' ). This is how it's intended to work as canvas pattern is separate from canvas grain.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Well, thanks for the help guys. Can't see video currently (have to update a few plugins) but I believe I should fix this issue by updating the program.
    Mine is very outdated.

P.S.: Perhaps you guys should make a patcher or something to update to the latest version? Sometimes I want to update and don't have Internet
    I believe you guys had something similar back in ArtRage 1-2 days?

We did have a patcher in the early version of ArtRage 2 but unfortunately it caused more problems than it fixed and required a lot of work to maintain, particularly in a cross platform environment. We decided eventually that our efforts would be better focused on the core product and switched to a default update installer. It does mean a bigger download, which I know can be a problem, but it saved our sanity in the long run!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.