ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Playback Messing With Brushes

Unhappy Playback Messing With Brushes

Hey, I have a problem with my playback option. I recorded myself doing a painting using the pen and watercolour brush but when I play it back all the watercolour brush effect is replaced by the pen tool until the point where I undone some of it but the pen strokes remain on the image and the playback just keeps on painting (now in the actual watercolour brush) on top of the pen tool. How do I change this?? Its really annoying and I wanted to put some of these videos on my portfolio.

An image of whats happening so its easier to understand has been attached.

Thank for the help

EDIT: wow, didnt realise the image would display at full size, sorry.
    EDIT 2: I just watched the entire playback (very long) and its behaving as if I never changed the layers so paint is overlapping my lines and the eraser tool I use at the end is the watercolour brush -_-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mehcheadwrong.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	75886  
    Last edited by Ignnis; 06-13-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Out of curiosity, which version number of ArtRage are you using (For example, I'm using ArtRage 4, version 4.0.3)?

I'm just wondering, because there was a version of ArtRage Studio that had a bug related to right clicking on a layer of the layer panel, without selecting anything from the menu. Doing so would disrupt the layers merging methods. The same bug (I believe) affected the script playback in a similar way. Just food for thought.

If it is due to a layer selection issue, you may be able to edit the scripts code to redirect the strokes to the appropriate layer during playback. The difficulty in that will depend on how often you selected a different layer in the same way.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Im using version ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.5. Ive done a couple of other playbacks and didnt have this issue. Sorry it took me ages to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignnis View Post
    Im using version ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.5. Ive done a couple of other playbacks and didnt have this issue. Sorry it took me ages to reply.
    The bug I was referring to only happens when you open the layer menu with a right click, but do not select anything. If your version of AR has the bug, it's possible that in your other image recordings you never right clicked on the layer panel to open the menu (or did, but always selected an option), which would've bypassed the bug. But this is only if that's what's caused the issue for you; I'm not entirely sure. I only brought it up, because I had similar issues in the past that related to it, which matched closely with yours.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.