ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rough Sea

Rough Sea

Trying some rough water with AR4. Oils, knives, tons of layers, glitter, 10 days. TJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rough Sea.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	75849  

Wonderful as always Tony, you are certainly the master of the seas.
    Geoff

10 days at sea. . . you should be wanting to head for shore, shore 'nuff.

I would recommend diminishing or at least varying the scale of the marks in the white caps, especially close to far.

Interesting how you staged it. Looks a little like the boat is just added for something to put in, that it's all about the water. An idea might be to put us in or very close to the boat to experience the crashing of the wave or sculpt the ocean in a way that shows variety of angles and scale and dimension of how the water is moving. This may be how water actually looks to you at times, but is that moment THE moment. Does it tell your story or make your point for painting it. A musical analogy would be like noodling vs playing a song. Noodling is just moving the fingers listening for some cool sound to appear, whereas the song has usually defined shape, and if there are lyrics it also has a theme. Anyway, just a thought.

Despite the critical tone of this comment, I have very much been enjoying your work and look forward to many more.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

i like the color you use. it seems to me even so strong waves and rough sea, it keeps sailing to the destination. very nice

very nice Tony, I like the boat crashing into the waves...

Looks great, Tony, I can feel that cold spray and hear the crashing of the waves

Thanks for all the input and comments, appreciate them as always.............