ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rage of the Innocents

Rage of the Innocents

further explorations with hard edge and brush textures..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rage of the Innocents-Final.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	541.8 KB 
ID:	75826  

Another good one Gary!

I love those scratchy brushes.... aren't they great?

copespeak, thanks, yep love dry brush effects and new gradient tool...

Good painting Gary. And the Innocents certainly have enough to rage about these days. It's good to see you give them a voice, however small.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Love those streaky strokes , textures and shapes, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    Good painting Gary. And the Innocents certainly have enough to rage about these days. It's good to see you give them a voice, however small.

Brett
    Brett yes I totally agree, I thought about elaborating in the comments when I loaded it but decided to let the painting do the talking...

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Love those streaky strokes , textures and shapes, Gary
    justjean, yes I must confess that I am very addicted to using them in recent works..

"Rage" connotes a position of anger, something more profound than normal screaming babies. 'Course could it be that the 'Rage' is Artistic? And innocence as one plays around searching for 'the image' with it being more serendipitous than deliberate?

Anyway, there's also the large thematic associations that can range anywhere from something Biblical all the way to the outrage of the people being born today and what emphatic uncertainty is in this world, or again to a Pink Floyd Wall kind of spin.

I remember seeing in China a hospital maternity room in which they had all these newborn babies bundled up tightly and lined up like items on a table. I always thought that was an amazing image metaphorically, where the visual emphasis showed they can do absolutely nothing for themselves, not even move. That's normal for newborns anyway, but it was visually very present.

Add to that my memory of when my son was born, and I went to see him in a room with nothing but newborns -- all crying in unison - it sounded like the mother of all beehives. No one baby had an identifiable differentiated voice. That sound was not quite rage, but it was surreal.

So enough about that. As to the visual it's really cool. You're on your game, bro.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

nice topic and i can see it in this intense abstract. powerful to me. really enjoy seeing your works.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    "Rage" connotes a position of anger, something more profound than normal screaming babies. 'Course could it be that the 'Rage' is Artistic? And innocence as one plays around searching for 'the image' with it being more serendipitous than deliberate?

Anyway, there's also the large thematic associations that can range anywhere from something Biblical all the way to the outrage of the people being born today and what emphatic uncertainty is in this world, or again to a Pink Floyd Wall kind of spin.

I remember seeing in China a hospital maternity room in which they had all these newborn babies bundled up tightly and lined up like items on a table. I always thought that was an amazing image metaphorically, where the visual emphasis showed they can do absolutely nothing for themselves, not even move. That's normal for newborns anyway, but it was visually very present.

Add to that my memory of when my son was born, and I went to see him in a room with nothing but newborns -- all crying in unison - it sounded like the mother of all beehives. No one baby had an identifiable differentiated voice. That sound was not quite rage, but it was surreal.

So enough about that. As to the visual it's really cool. You're on your game, bro.
    As a product of the 60's I am still enthralled by multiple levels of meaning, so all of your musings apply here. I particularly like the idea of Artistic "Rage" and innocence as one plays around searching for the "image" a serendipitous painting guided by the framework of artistic rules ( balance, composition, harmony , tonality, )....always great to hear your view - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    nice topic and i can see it in this intense abstract. powerful to me. really enjoy seeing your works.
    pai, I am quite pleased that you enjoy my work ..