ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Queens Gambit

Queens Gambit

a hybrid of hard edge, gradients, and brush work with texture.. a queens gambit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Queens Gambit.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	508.2 KB 
ID:	75769  

Amazing abstract and use of colors.........

Thanks Tony! this has gotten quite a few views but yours is the first comment... I was wondering about it. glad you appreciate it.

Weeeeellllllll pard, just plain folks get befuddled by such an opening. It takes a long time to ponder a reasonable gambit especially if you don't use a timer. They're afraid of getting rooked and have to pawn their valuables.

I think it looks great. I actually really like it. It's brilliant. Love the angles and the containment of activity within the rectangles.

Knight to Bishop 3. I'll be back in a couple days for your next move.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Weeeeellllllll pard, just plain folks get befuddled by such an opening. It takes a long time to ponder a reasonable gambit especially if you don't use a timer. They're afraid of getting rooked and have to pawn their valuables.

I think it looks great. I actually really like it. It's brilliant. Love the angles and the containment of activity within the rectangles.

Knight to Bishop 3. I'll be back in a couple days for your next move.
    ah ha !... nice counter move......I will be working on an answer shortly... glad you dropped by and commented, and like the direction of this investigation / composition

It is intesting

I feel like the painting behind the hard edge really is there so I feel like my view is being obstructed. However, I think that is part of the intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    I feel like the painting behind the hard edge really is there so I feel like my view is being obstructed. However, I think that is part of the intrigue.
    Thanks Marilyn, yours is an accurate observation. I decided on this partially based on walking in town where the hard edges of building obscure views to the mountains, park etc. It is part real view of the city and part metaphor how the "hard edges" of our ideas and preconceptions obscure the view of the totality of life.... anyway thanks for your frank comment it is very appreciated.

Well i didnt get abstract really ,

but ur explanation really opend my eyes .

Makes a lot of sense now . i like it

Stunning colour combinations. Like looking through a screen with cutouts to the rich scene beyond. Clever!