ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Crashing problems artrage 4

Crashing problems artrage 4

I'm using Artrage 4, purchased through steam. The program frequently stops responding, often when importing an image to layer or when trying to save a painting. There's no error message, just windows telling me that the program has stop responding. I'm using windows 7 32bit.

I've seen this happen on my setup too (win7 64bit), but it is usually just "not responding" until it gets the job done. Some commands take a while to go through. File size and computer specs are very important for ArtRage.
    Try giving it a command and then wait (even 5-10 minutes, if it's a heavy load).

Windows reports ArtRage for "not responding" very quickly, especially if you try doing something else in the meantime (if you click anywhere, even outside the program). Just ignore it, or click "wait for the program to respond".

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll do that and see how it goes.

One thing to watch if you're launching the application via the Steam client is the Steam Community System - Some users have reported crashes or problems that appear to relate to the Steam Cloud virtual folder that gets added to file dialogues by the Steam Client. If you are launching the app via the Steam client, right click it in the Library and select Properties, then make sure that 'Enable Steam Community In-Game' is disabled. That may resolve the problem. It also disables the ArtRage virtual folder in the file dialogues but as that system is managed entirely by Steam and is external to the app there's nothing we can do directly if that is what's causing the problem.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

ive tried the above suggestion as well as running the app from the installation folder instead of the steam client. ive left the program unresponsive for over 30 mins with no result. its not even performing a huge task, it freezes when i select import image file or when i try to save a work. this happens before even an explorer window appears.
    Last edited by smcgarey; 06-04-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Sorry to hear that that didn't fix it. There are a couple of potential avenues we can look at for troubleshooting. Could you drop us an email (support@artrage.com) and we can take you through some steps to see if we can find out what's going on.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.