ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage for iPad - too slow

Artrage for iPad - too slow

Hello everybody

I just purchased & installed Artrage for ipad. I have iPad 3 Retina display.

I am already a proficient worker in Artrage Studio Pro 3.5. While this is really fast on a computer,
    the iPad Artrage is dead slow. It is so slow that I don't feel like painting with this at all.

As mentioned in the support, I freed up memory by closing other apps and rebooting as mentioned in the support.

Still it is very slow and does not make any difference whether there are other applications open or not
    Even a pencil stroke is slow. I am a fast painter and I just cannot do a painting slowly.

Please help me in solving the problem.

(After seeing this problem, I bought Autodesk Sketchbook Pro for iPad - I am an Architect by profession
    and I already use the Sketchbook Pro Full version on my office desktop - Now this iPad app is working
    as fast as in the desktop - but I would still like to sketch/paint in artrage)

P.S. I am not using layers etc. or other advanced modes. My paintings are straight & simple - as if doing with
    the Artrage Starter Edition which was available some time back.

Thanks in advance
    PRSS
    Last edited by PRSS; 05-31-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Unlike apps like Sketchbook, ArtRage is managing more than just colour information while you paint. It's also managing the volume of the paint on the canvas, the wetness, and a number of other properties that are required for the full simulation. This means that it is very processor intensive and on a device like the iPad will run slower than on your desktop computer. Making sure that memory is clear and parked apps are closed from time to time can help (see here) by ensuring that the maximum amount of resources are available, but there will always be some speed disparity that simpler applications that lack the simulation may not experience.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you very much for the info. I now understand why it is slow on the iPad.

With best regards
    PRSS