ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Faster fill tool

Smile Faster fill tool

See figure 1.
    The fill tool is very slow when working with a line layer and a colour layer. The colour layer being the layer you apply your fill colour on. This requires the current layer option in the fill tool to be turned off. If you decide to fill the colour on the original layer you will get alias edge issues.

See figure 2.
    The solution is to duplicate you line layer and hide the top layer. Use the fill tool on the bottom line layer. Ensure the fill tool has a high "spread" value, "Antialias edges" is off and "current layer" option is on. The fill tool will now be fast. Once finished filling the colours make the top outline layer visible and all your alias edges will look lovely.

Name:  butterfly_fill_example.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  150.2 KB

Very clever! Thanks for that!

I tend to do a lot of work in this style with my mandalas and had noticed this little problem before using the fill tool....thought it was just me, so thanks for sharing this