ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Big Fun

Big Fun

this is meant to be viewed at a larger scale so click on it for a bigger view... and have big fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big Fun.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	358.2 KB 
ID:	75702  

Persistence of Terpsichore for your Dali' collection. Has a subjective bent to it -- actually several Big Bends illustrating the Persistence of Oregon.

I think you manage to divide the span between non-objective and subjective possibly because you hold a focus when you push the envelope and make it feel enough to suggest a theme, whether intended or not. It feels on message, albeit sorta jazzy.

Your employment of values and saturation in what feel like panels suggest in one viewing an overlay of looking at an old zoetrope, with each blip of light instead of animating, it shows an array of paradigms that aren't necessarily sequential, but create more of a kaleidoscope rewoven into different visual relationships - perhaps like a street 3 card monty fanning a tarot deck where you have to find the Queen of Pentacles or whatever. It could be like Bradbury's The Illustrated Man wherein the whole fits on the skin of the man, but each bit holds a separate story for each viewer.

I think the PVC pipe around it makes it rather handy man.
    Last edited by D Akey; 05-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It is like the parade passes by!

The colors of the crowd, the uniformed band marches by you. Yes, I think it is big fun!

gxhpainter,
    "Big Fun" is just that ... vibrant shapes and colors in motion as if in an high steppin' parade.
    The piece dances merrily across the canvas as if in sync to a lively tune. Skilled, clever
    artistry and well painted!
    Mairzie Dotes

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Persistence of Terpsichore for your Dali' collection. Has a subjective bent to it -- actually several Big Bends illustrating the Persistence of Oregon.

I think you manage to divide the span between non-objective and subjective possibly because you hold a focus when you push the envelope and make it feel enough to suggest a theme, whether intended or not. It feels on message, albeit sorta jazzy.

Your employment of values and saturation in what feel like panels suggest in one viewing an overlay of looking at an old zoetrope, with each blip of light instead of animating, it shows an array of paradigms that aren't necessarily sequential, but create more of a kaleidoscope rewoven into different visual relationships - perhaps like a street 3 card monty fanning a tarot deck where you have to find the Queen of Pentacles or whatever. It could be like Bradbury's The Illustrated Man wherein the whole fits on the skin of the man, but each bit holds a separate story for each viewer.

I think the PVC pipe around it makes it rather handy man.
    Excellent review I say!... I was looking at an effect like the old zoetrope as you suggest. The rhythm and pattern, and for awhile in it creation the panels were more flat color, then I decided to give some small illustrative effects to some of them. much like a marching band..

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The colors of the crowd, the uniformed band marches by you. Yes, I think it is big fun!
    Marilyn Anne , yes I like the image you are getting .

Quote Originally Posted by Mairzie Dotes View Post
    gxhpainter,
    "Big Fun" is just that ... vibrant shapes and colors in motion as if in an high steppin' parade.
    The piece dances merrily across the canvas as if in sync to a lively tune. Skilled, clever
    artistry and well painted!
    Mairzie I love your comments and was very happy to have you views/review of this work..