ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlements -1918

Battlements -1918

inspired by watching several movies as of late that took place during this time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battlements 1918.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	75686  

Wau, I like the colours:-)
    Pity tha I have so small monitor that I canīt see the picture in one...;-)

Gary, this is wonderful, as always. I am assuming it's all about the trenches, the explosions in the sky, and the darkness of the mood of that time. Such a dreadful dark era in the world's history. Man's inhumanity to man ......

Quote Originally Posted by Patolozka View Post
    Wau, I like the colours:-)
    Pity tha I have so small monitor that I canīt see the picture in one...;-)
    thanks great to have your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Gary, this is wonderful, as always. I am assuming it's all about the trenches, the explosions in the sky, and the darkness of the mood of that time. Such a dreadful dark era in the world's history. Man's inhumanity to man ......
    copspeak... yes absolutely a very stark and terrifying time... as it it Memorial Day I thought it a good theme. if a dark one.

It has been a good memorial weekend

Your painting honors those who served because I think it tells a true somber story.

Not sure what to say about this one. I'll have to let it sink in. It feels a little mixed message for me. Very somber with oddly almost festive calligraphic lines.

What do you think about it?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    Your painting honors those who served because I think it tells a true somber story.
    thanks Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Not sure what to say about this one. I'll have to let it sink in. It feels a little mixed message for me. Very somber with oddly almost festive calligraphic lines.

What do you think about it?
    hmmm well those lines and the X's etc and levels were to be the barbwire coils and trenches with the shell burst for the sky ...

An interesting painting Gary about the most stupid and unnecessary war ever fought, although the current ones are getting close.

I like the colours and angularity of it. There seems to be more of your "head" in this one which maybe dampens the emotional impact?

But I like it, I definitely like it.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    An interesting painting Gary about the most stupid and unnecessary war ever fought, although the current ones are getting close.

I like the colours and angularity of it. There seems to be more of your "head" in this one which maybe dampens the emotional impact?

But I like it, I definitely like it.

Brett
    Thanks Brett, although this was born in the "head" it definitely was full of emotion from me as I worked it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Well done Gary...
    Thanks kenmo..