ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Evaporate

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    China
    Posts
    7,498

    Evaporate

    just a quick abstrac sketch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may2513_01a.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	75675  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,816
    Oh, that's a real beauty Pai!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Englishman in Ont, Canada
    Posts
    3,729
    Very interesting pai, you have great imagination.
    Geoff

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ravenna- Italy
    Posts
    2,548
    Really lovely
    Silvia Bandini

    Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    beautiful pai, I love the arch of the wings and the flow of energy, subtle colors but the lights and darks make it dramatic at the same time..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    There's the old Greek story of Persephone. And that rather fits -- the metaphor for seasons, for day and night. This would be night.

    It is like a black swan wings. I've also heard the term "raven black hair". This has that kind of metaphoric feel to it. Mysterious. Dramatic. Almost like a lover who is grounded, trying to hold her in his realm. She looks like she is longing for her 'day' light. Black and white contrast of realms.

    Whether it is something you meant to do Pai, this is what I'm getting from this one.

    I think it's also a parallel for many things when one is trapped in a period of 'night' -- a creative urge held back by lack of inspiration would be one way to see it, or being in an environment of creative repression. Very evocative.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    China
    Posts
    7,498
    thanks Robyn, Geoff, Silvy, gxhpainter for kindly to look into this very abstract quickie. Done in just less than 30 minutes. It's after hearing a long time music warming up

    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    There's the old Greek story of Persephone. And that rather fits -- the metaphor for seasons, for day and night. This would be night.

    It is like a black swan wings. I've also heard the term "raven black hair". This has that kind of metaphoric feel to it. Mysterious. Dramatic. Almost like a lover who is grounded, trying to hold her in his realm. She looks like she is longing for her 'day' light. Black and white contrast of realms.

    Whether it is something you meant to do Pai, this is what I'm getting from this one.

    I think it's also a parallel for many things when one is trapped in a period of 'night' -- a creative urge held back by lack of inspiration would be one way to see it, or being in an environment of creative repression. Very evocative.

    smile. maybe i am not doing that good this abstract. it's a man and a woman. there's no wing. and thank so much to everyone telling me how they preceived to this abstract and how they interpreted. it's a raven black hiar. yes, i like that B&W contrast represent Ying and Yang. Not really lack of inspiration, more lack of energy and feelings. thanks so much for your always so nice comments for me to get to re-looking my image in head.
    Last edited by pai; 05-26-2013 at 07:10 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    smile. maybe i am not doing that good this abstract. it's a man and a woman. there's no wing.
    From where I'm looking there is. . . Both on her and him. . . 2 wings.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    China
    Posts
    7,498
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    From where I'm looking there is. . . Both on her and him. . . 2 wings.
    you gave me sudden very angelic feel of that. thanks Dakey

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, On., Canada
    Posts
    5,356
    Pai, an interesting painting which made me think of things one might yearn for

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •