ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: cursor lagging

Exclamation cursor lagging

Hi, i'm having some lagging with the cursor on Artrage 4, does i need to install any other software or any setting on artrage that i need to change? it's not a big deal, but isn't smoother at all.

Can you let us know what operating system you're using?
    Also, can you describe how the cursor is acting in as much detail as possible?
    Does it only happen with some tools, all tools or just when doing anything e.g. dragging sliders in ArtRage panels and clickinh menu items?
    If possible could you also let me know the make and model of tablet you're using ( if you're using one )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Can you let us know what operating system you're using?
    Also, can you describe how the cursor is acting in as much detail as possible?
    Does it only happen with some tools, all tools or just when doing anything e.g. dragging sliders in ArtRage panels and clickinh menu items?
    If possible could you also let me know the make and model of tablet you're using ( if you're using one )
    Hi, thanks for the support.
    I'm using windows 8, and i bought artrage 4 on steam (if help in any way).

this "lag" only happen when i'm moving the cursor without clicking, it's like the mouse became heavy... when i select Ink pen, isnt' that much, but with Oil Brush, its horrible, looks like a game without anti aliasing and doesn't seems precise. just to remember, only when i move the cursos without holding down the click button.

i'm using this tablet: Wacom Bamboo Capture. But it's the same with mouse...
    wacom.com/en/products/pen-tablets/bamboo/bamboo-capture

And my PC configuration
    8gb ddr3
    i5 2500k
    GTX 550 TI

The fact that it only happens when the mouse button isn't down is really odd. The aliasing in the cursor might happen if the aspect of the oil brush is particularly low but there's nothing that leaps to mind immediately that would cause a delay when moving around like that.

There are a couple of things to check to see if it relates to drivers or the input method:

First, check the Preferences Panel and turn Use Realtime Stylus OFF, Use Wintab ON, and Precise Tablet Mode ON, then restart ArtRage. If that doesn't make a difference, turn RTS ON, Wintab OFF, restart ArtRage and try again. This should help us see if it's a problem with the Wacom drivers interacting badly with the internal Windows input system.

Second thing is see if it happens with the Precise cursor (press 1 on the keyboard by default, 2 returns you to Outline Cursor).

With that information we should be able to help more, if the first item doesn't solve it could you email support@artrage.com and let us know and we can do some troubleshooting.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    First, check the Preferences Panel and turn Use Realtime Stylus OFF, Use Wintab ON, and Precise Tablet Mode ON, then restart ArtRage. If that doesn't make a difference, turn RTS ON, Wintab OFF, restart ArtRage and try again. This should help us see if it's a problem with the Wacom drivers interacting badly with the internal Windows input system.
    Doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Second thing is see if it happens with the Precise cursor (press 1 on the keyboard by default, 2 returns you to Outline Cursor).
    It's with the outline cursor i'm having problem, with the precise cursor it's almost imperceptible and with the Tool cursor I dont have any problem, run perfect, i wish the outline cursor was like the Tool cursor, that will solve my problem.

Could you send us an email (support@artrage.com) and we can do some troubleshooting to find out what is happening.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I sent an email, but I haven't received a response

I'm just waiting for some technical feedback on this one. There's no reason I can see that one particular cursor would lag when not painting so at the moment I don't have any more information.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.