ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German Shepherd Dog

German Shepherd Dog

Greetings all,
    I have not been very active of late here on the forum due to some unforseen circumstances but have managed to pop in and out and see some of the great work that has been posted I also managed to complete what I call my very first proper digital drawing of a German Shepherd Dog, which I have to say that I am quite pleased with. This beauty was worked from my own photographs ( of which I have loads taken at the various dog shows I attend every year) and performs dances with his owner, great entertainment if you are dog mad like me I am still experimenting with various mediums and surfaces and have come to realise that I much prefer the pencil settings and whole program in Artrage Studio for doing this sort of work, but Artrage 4 is great for doing what I call my fun,funky nutty stuff...you cannot just beat the sym tool Anyway I hope you like and thanks for taking the time to look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsd a .jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	75623  

What a lovely drawing! You have got every hair just right, and his eyes are simply beautiful! Well done!

You have done a beautiful drawing, love the detail in the fur and eyes, very lifelike.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

A beautiful dog and a beautiful painting of him

Fantastic!!! Excellent drawing.

This is really good, great detail in the coat and the eyes show lots character.
    Interesting how you prefer the old program for some work as I am the same, so depending on what I want to do depends on which version I open.
    Geoff

I like the stylized rhythm to the fur on top of a really sound structure. Very nice work. Lots of personality.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you all kindly for your super comments It has made my day reading them all. Dogs are my passion and was drawing them in "real media" for a long time but was not sure if I could manage to reproduce a realistic enough drawing using my Wacom, however Artrage proved me wrong on and I have to say that I am quite pleased with this one So more dogs to come, along with a bit of wildlife hopefully.

limey-g...thanks for your input...I just think that Studio pro seems to be more rounded and precise if that is the right word. I did start doing a dog in AR4 but was not over keen on the pencil settings plus it does not have the preset for just "pencil" which I used mostly to lay down my tones before using the others to add all the details.

Such amazing detailed drawing and I love German Shepherd dog a lot. Used to have a dark rough collie too Beautiful dog you have drawn his happy character. A very loyal companion