ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Untold Story - Reds- revised

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Untold Story - Reds- revised

    a movement in Red, a story of strife, grief and compassion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	An Untold Story.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	514.3 KB 
ID:	75611  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 05-23-2013 at 10:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    719
    Oh my! I really like that one Gary. The colours are great, and I think you have caught the feelings/mood you want.

    Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

    =========

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,464

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    Oh my! I really like that one Gary. The colours are great, and I think you have caught the feelings/mood you want.

    Brett
    Thanks Brett ! feels good to be painting again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Nice choice of colors....and super use of shapes....
    Thanks Ken, I had a good time, it was loosely inspired by watching "War Horse" , I had a hard time watching it at times when they were abusing the horses especially, but Steve Spielburg always has the hero(s) come through eventually...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,818
    Kinda looks like gorgeous swatches of fabric to me, more restful than dramatic. Maybe I'm in a peaceful state of mind at the moment.

    We saw the stage show of War Horse with the life size horse puppets a few months back and it was magnificent! It never ceases to amaze me, the brilliance of the human imagination.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    Very three dimensional

    I can see the intertwining of these emotions. There is grief in strife and thank goodness there is compassion. They are all intertwined. Thank goodness not easily pulled apart.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    Another awful artpiece, dear Gary! One of Your best in my opinion. I can see and fell all Your title and introduction imply.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,943
    Thats really great Gary and yes it tells its one story, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

    My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Kinda looks like gorgeous swatches of fabric to me, more restful than dramatic. Maybe I'm in a peaceful state of mind at the moment.

    We saw the stage show of War Horse with the life size horse puppets a few months back and it was magnificent! It never ceases to amaze me, the brilliance of the human imagination.
    I bet that staging was amazing, during the movie I had to keep telling myself "no horses were injured during the filming"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    I can see the intertwining of these emotions. There is grief in strife and thank goodness there is compassion. They are all intertwined. Thank goodness not easily pulled apart.
    Marilyn... a gracious comment, very appreciated too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Another awful artpiece, dear Gary! One of Your best in my opinion. I can see and fell all Your title and introduction imply.
    Caesar thanks mate glad you are enjoyed my latest works..

    Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Thats really great Gary and yes it tells its one story, well done
    Katie.. thanks and so glad you stopped by for a visit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •