ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Frustration right from the start!

Frustration right from the start!

OK,....I installed ArtRage 4 as recommended by many here,....but I can't import my package file that I successfully created in ArtRage 3.5 just for such an occasion.
    It has become increasingly frustrating watching it begin to install and then slapping me in the face with an error message that states the install has failed. Lucky for me that I anticipated this would happen and I still have 3.5 installed,....so I'm not left without my brushes,...but it seems silly to have to revert back because of this malfunction.

Any ideas why a perfectly good artpack won't install?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	75595
    Last edited by Togotooner; 05-19-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Hello Togotooner
    If you already own the earlier 3.5 version of AR then you should not need to use the internal package installer to have them available to you in AR4.
    When installing AR4 there is a text file with the App installer called "ArtRage 3 User Read Me" this explains how to get your custom content from v3 into v4. This is because of changes to the Apps coding between v3 and v4.
    This is what it says to do on Macs;
    Name:  Screen shot 2013-05-18 at 21.30.16.png
Views: 176
Size:  52.0 KB
    Last edited by markw; 05-19-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

From the log in the screenshot I can see that number of files have already installed correctly or been shifted across manually using the instructions for shifting user content to ArtRage 4. The package file itself may have a problem so I'd be happy to take a look at it. Could you contact us at support@artrage.com and we'll arrange a way to get the package file and see if we can see what's causing the problem.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt/Mark,....but I managed to move everything over manually.

Thanks for letting us know. If you still have the package file you had a problem with available, let me know at support@artrage.com and I can arrange getting a copy of the file from you via email so we can take a look at why you had the problem originally.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Dave,

I have sent you an email regarding the art package.