ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: PLEASE HELP. Need to revert.

PLEASE HELP. Need to revert.

I just sat down to begin two book covers for a client on a really tight deadline.

Artrage said there was an update from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3, so (foolishly) I did it replacing the earlier application icon in my applications folder. Now I cannot use the software, as something fundamental has changed with the upgrade on my computer. The brushes no longer work in real-time. They seem to have a mind of their own. It's impossible to paint at all.

I have absolutely no time to attempt to troubleshoot this, and really desperately need to revert to the earlier version which was WONDERFUL!. Can someone please tell me how I go about doing this? The earlier version is now gone. What do I do?

I would be eternally grateful, as I am panicking big-time now.

All the best

John

PS. At some point, when the pressure is off, I'll try and work out what's going on. No time now though.

Mac OS 10.6.8

First let me say that AR 4.0.3 works just fine here on my Mac so the problem I think is unlikely to be the update per-say but something else specific to your system.
    If you are using a tablet check that it is functioning correctly and that the drivers for it are up to date.
    I don't think you can download legacy versions of AR4 from the members area sadly. So do you keep regular OS system backups with TimeMachine or similar software?
    This would be your easiest way to restore the previous version of AR.
    Enter TimeMachine, navigate to the previous version of AR and choose restore.
    Alternatively, do you keep the instal DMG's for your third party Apps, if so you could reinstall from that.
    Otherwise you will need to trouble shoot the problem.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

I only have previous Windows versions of the install files. If they can help you somehow, I can upload them.

thanks guys. I'm sure it's something to do with my machine, and not anything to do with Art Rage.

Fortunately I was able to restore the earlier version via Time Machine (as suggested above). It took awhile. For some reason it wouldn't restore to the folder properly until I hid the application in a folder. Anyway, got it working in the end.

4.0.2 works exactly as it did before the upgrade. Brushes work in real-time. No lag. No weirdness. Very odd. Will have to investigate when I have more time.

Anyway, thanks again.

Art rage is an awesome piece of software. Just a few more features required and I can permanently bin Corel Painter which will be a champagne-popping day, I can tell you.

Can you do a Windows 'system restore' to before your upgrade? Or do you have the old version in your downloads and can uninstall and re-install that? I still have all my old versions.
    Last edited by copespeak; 05-18-2013 at 08:49 AM.

That's a really unusual problem and when the pressure is off please contact us at support@artrage.com and we can go through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can find out what is causing the problem.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.