ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise

Sunrise

Lovely red sunrise the other morning..... the 'a.m. golden hour'. Quick half hour scribble.

Attachment 75551

Fantastic use of the canvas tone laid down seeping through those gapped marks. It really blends the colors into the distance and has them interact nicely. Go Copespeak Go! Feels like late 1800s "Impressionist era" Russian.

I once saw a traveling show from the Hermitage and there were quite a few remarkable artists of that era represented. A lot of farm kinds of landscapes where the color was exquisitely managed, especially around sunset and twilight. What intrigued me was in one particular painting that the picture was not of the sky at all, but rather the very warm tones everything was bathed in. Anyway, this holds the spirit of those kinds of artistic sensibilities of sky color interaction with the land. Very creative solution with minimal paint, but where it all works quite effectively.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

That is lovely

You really captured the moment in these beautiful colors.

Thank you Mr Akey, for taking the time to elaborate with such thoughtful comments .... as always. You are such a valuable member of this forum.

And you too Marylin Anne. xx

Lovely Robyn but I would prefer to see that sky at night as in the northern hemisphere A sky like that in a morning usually is followed by stormy weather.
    Geoff

I am not good to recognize all the classic painters and their names, getting old in my memory, recently i found out i can only remember 15 passwords differently in stead of 20 with alph numeric....haha..anyway, this one reminds me of Monet's work and the color palette. So calm scenery. Somehow feel standing there and breezy wind blows on my face

Yes Geoff, red in the morning is not good. Today is absolutely horrific, with huge winds and steady rain, and I'm supposed to go down the hill into town for life drawing. Home by the fire sounds the way to go, but they need my financial input to pay the model.

Pai, this autumn has been very calm in Australia, until this week.

I like the painting a lot Robyn.

Does that have red/pink underpainting under it?

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Hi Brett, it has a fill background of the mauve.

It works well, particularly under the greens. Noice!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========