Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    So riddle me this: Who put the Zen in urizen? Yet another stern mystery. . .
    Must've been our William - Blake that is, oh wise and stern one

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I looked up Blake's Urizen. Fascinating character. Thanks for the pointing to it.

Adds a lot of dimension for me and how you came up with the symbolic look of this particular piece. Owing to it having that kind of representative look of symbolism, I guessed there was something. But this actually shows that you were looking closely, as if a symbolic portrait of a portrait of a symbol. Very cool. . . at least I'm assuming it's Blake's and not from the comic book Spawn, heh.

Thanks for the insight. And Bravo! Opened a door for me. I didn't know that godlike guy with the divider that Blake did had a story. I must confess only a passing acquaintance with Blake's work combined with his accompanying words for certain images that I tripped over surfing the internet. But I never saw them in context. I'll be looking closer for sure now that I know there's something to find other than the iconic pictures.

You did a great job on this one, I believe one from which Blake would feel spoke the same language.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Great textures and bold colors!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I looked up Blake's Urizen. Fascinating character. Thanks for the pointing to it.

Adds a lot of dimension for me and how you came up with the symbolic look of this particular piece. Owing to it having that kind of representative look of symbolism, I guessed there was something. But this actually shows that you were looking closely, as if a symbolic portrait of a portrait of a symbol. Very cool. . . at least I'm assuming it's Blake's and not from the comic book Spawn, heh.

Thanks for the insight. And Bravo! Opened a door for me. I didn't know that godlike guy with the divider that Blake did had a story. I must confess only a passing acquaintance with Blake's work combined with his accompanying words for certain images that I tripped over surfing the internet. But I never saw them in context. I'll be looking closer for sure now that I know there's something to find other than the iconic pictures.

You did a great job on this one, I believe one from which Blake would feel spoke the same language.
    Thanks!

I have only just started to read Blake. I was reading Northrop Frye (how weird is that!) who was great fan of Blake. Blake had this whole philosophy of being that was very complex. The symbolism of "Urizen" (and his opposite "Albion") changed.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Quote Originally Posted by jibes View Post
    Great textures and bold colors!
    Thanks Jibes!
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

beautiful Brett.. I think as usual DAkey nailed the spiritual nature of the work. the deep rich colors and golden circle. the man sailing into the unknown.. a fearless journey