ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Latest work

Latest work

Hello - this is my second post on the forum and just wondered what you guys think, i am working on building my digital port folio and would love to hear any thoughts/advice from other people using Artrage....cheers!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bumblebee.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	75544

Simon this is magnificent! So much work and very well painted.

My only problem is, and I see it a lot here,and it always bothers me, is how you have blurred at the base. It just turns to mush and is not very attractive. Personally, and it's only me, I would make it a bit more 'crackly, or crunchy, speckly ..... or just disappear with a few lines or chunks of colour. You get what I'm saying, I hope?

Nevertheless, you have an amazing talent! We'll all want to see more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Simon this is magnificent! So much work and very well painted.

My only problem is, and I see it a lot here,and it always bothers me, is how you have blurred at the base. It just turns to mush and is not very attractive. Personally, and it's only me, I would make it a bit more 'crackly, or crunchy, speckly ..... or just disappear with a few lines or chunks of colour. You get what I'm saying, I hope?

Nevertheless, you have an amazing talent! We'll all want to see more!!!

hello there,
    Thanks for your feedback - its exactly what i am after and really apprecite it, i totally get what you are saying and i do agree. I ran out of time on this piece and had to leave it there perhaps the blurred finish was not the best idea as it looks a bit of a lazy option looking back now. i will definitely take this on board as im always looking for ways to improve or adapt.

thanks again!