ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat out like a cat drinking!

Flat out like a cat drinking!

A beautiful Sunday afternoon. I took this photo of our cat Lulu drinking from her bowl on the deck.

This is straight out photo-manipulation using AlienSkin software in CS5.

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lulu drinking.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	75521
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Wow, that really tells the story Brett!

Interesting things this brings up. Not sure if you're proud of it or just pointing it out as a quick way to get in a filter what you get in a painting.

Couple things - Aside from the whiskers and the water reflections, there's a huge amount of blank black in it. An artist would probably have put info in that would make it read better. . . except if it was a joke about black cats looking like featureless black masses -- I have had a couple generations of black cats and find them frustrating to photograph because of it. Your efforts do little to make me feel like I'm looking at more.

Having said that, I'm sure there are other subjects that play way better with your filter and Photoshop.

But if you're getting what you're after, then knock yourself out and have fun with it. I'll guarantee you're not the first. To me though, it's just another tool in this age of sophisticated tools. But just be warned that other people will know about it and the interest may diminish in their minds because the skill level makes it neither rare nor more interesting than a trick after the trick is revealed.

So you will have to take it up a level beyond what can be done fairly automatically. I think the other stuff you do does have that personal uniqueness. Maybe you can marry the processes into something your own.

Anyway, the cat is probably cute as the dickens. . . hiding in that black mass somewhere. Heh.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Laugh! Mr Dakey you are in a stern mood this arvo :-) But you are also right.

It's just a piece of fun playing with the sunlight coming through the cat's tongue as she drank. It caught my attention as she drank. The flickering red. So I played with the idea.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

It may be a bit of fun but its very good, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    It may be a bit of fun but its very good, well done
    Thanks Katie!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

You got a very natural and lovely painting out of Your photomanipulation. Congrats!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

aww, very cool photo editing or manipulation. so cute the kitty i still see

Thanks everyone!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========