ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Corsage

The Corsage

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purple lady2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	75501
    Hope you like this one.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi dame Katie I can never get my girls to look so gentil and refined yeah was brought up on the wrong side of the Track

like the brush work

Gorgeous Coops - if only all young girls got such beautiful corsages at their dances how happy they'd be!
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Quite a refined lady Katie, and she even has a butterfly.
    Geoff

Gorgeous and elegant lady. I like your fine touch on that butterfly. Soft pastel color palette I like too. Fine painting

Elegant as always Katie.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Lovely confident brushstrokes Katie, and a really sweet painting.

Katie, a lovely lady with a lovely corsage

She so reminds me of a young Bette Davis playing a part. Probably the posture and the eyes especially.

It's intriguing that she looks very old and youthfully coquettish all at once. That's an irony isn't it with many older people that I never suspected as a boy. I recall back as a lad being exposed for the first time in my life to lots of older people when I moved to the big city. I judged the superficial being that they and I had absolutely nothing in common. I only saw them as people who had the potential to boss kids around with not a lot of personality. None of them were family members so I didn't know them. Little did I know who they were inside.

This painting's a marvel in how it overlaps the spectrum. I think if it was a photographically rendered painting that experience would not have happened without it being super extraordinary. But because you left a lot of it visually unlocked, the doors are opened to her freely walking between episodes in her life. It's like watching a very good young actor playing an older person who is very youthful -- or someone who is young who acts older than their years because of attitudes or having been hurt or whatever.

What comes to mind also is Blanche from Streetcar Named Desire. Someone who has stopped living because they are living past glories or romances where the present isn't up to scratch.

Most intriguing image, Ms Coops.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely and elegant

Reminds me of the good old days.