Thread: Talbet and Vista OS

Gallery
    View images

Talbet and Vista OS

I have ordered a tablet pc with the Vista OS I was wondering if anyone was using this software in that config.
    I have not purchased the full version, but am looking at doing so if it will work on my new tablet.

Gallery
    View images
    I believe we have a number of people currently working on Vista with tabletpcs so you should find ArtRage works well for you there. I generally recommend, especially with unknown hardware, trying the Free Edition first to make sure it's what you're after. Of course if you did encounter any problems we've not heard of, you'd be more than welcome to get in touch for support.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Dave,
    That was my plan I have been having fun playing around with Art Rage on my regular pc with the mouse.. can't wait to see it in action on the tablet.. but I have a bit of a wait..
    Love your 'title' by the way.. remember it's not a bug it's a feature!!

Gallery
    View images
    Congrats on your purchase. May I ask which one you bought?

While artrage might work well on vista, do make sure that your tabletpc is Vista ready. There are many reports that the tablet pcs are missing key features after a vista upgrade, so look into what drivers have been released for your new tablet before jumping ship.

I myself have the HP TC4400 tablet PC (and loving it) and while most of the functions now have vistadrivers there are still some features that are missing full vista support.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    I have a Gateway CX210S on order and am waiting and waiting.. It should be here by the 9th. Probably not the best machine out ther but it had the features I wanted at the price I could handle.. I certainly hope it is Vista ready. I wavered back and forth on whether to do Vista or Tablet OS but finally settled on Vista so hopefully I made the right choice! I have wanted a Tablet PC ever since I found out they were coming out (which was before my tech savvy husband..I suprised him by taking him to one of the big kick off events)

I am not an artist, I am a knitwear/ knitting pattern designer and I look forward to using the Art Rage program to improve my sketches for design submissions
    Ya'll need to add some cloth and knit textures for me!!