ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Image - Revenge is Mine! - He's still being naughty!!

Stolen Image - Revenge is Mine! - He's still being naughty!!

I was on Facebook this morning and some kind soul posted me a link to another horse page, see: https://www.facebook.com/rebelcreekWV . They have stolen an image of mine, the horse and rider in black and white, and says it was done by Jhonny Daily, the owner of the page. What a disgusting lying thief!!

I have posted a protest on his page.

Looks like a watermark is in order.

Not happy.
    Last edited by copespeak; 05-14-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Oh dear Robyn. That is horrible.

Make sure you complain to Facebook too. They'll take that quite seriously think.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

There is something odd about that page Robyn. It has the wrong "feel" about it.

I checked and two of the other photos of horses appear on other websites. Something's not right.

Also, the ranch appears to have no other presence on the net except this Facebook page. Also odd!

Brett
    Last edited by hypotaxis; 05-09-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Hmmm. Yes, your right, though some people just use a FB page to advertise their wares. Maybe he's making himself out to be more important than he is. He's probably got a broken down few acres, rather than what he's advertising.

Probably some lonely teenager with delusion of grandeur, come to think of it what teenager doesn't :-)
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I've trawled his page and checked on a few images he says are his, and put the links to the webpages they are from. 'Stolen Image' over and over .......

There is also something innocent and very sad.

The Samoyed-Chow pup is actually a husky and it's mother/father is a sheepdog.
    There are grizzly bears in West Virginia and he has to keep his dogs locked up.
    Etc etc

It's pure invention ... And kinda heartbreaking.

The is a very lost soul there somewhere, I think. Reminds me of the children I used to work with.

Oh well ...

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I have reported the website to facebook, this is not on.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Brett, it is kinda sad. He seems to have concocted a whole persona and false life. But he is also stealing from others.......

Hate to say it but don't hold your breath for FB to do anything about it. They are notoriously bad at protecting individual's copyright. That's what I have heard anyhow.

With the US and UK governments pushing hard to force through orphan rights bills that will give free licence for all and sundry to exploit anything they find lacking clear copyright/creator details identifying its origin - and with FB and other social media sites putting their hands in the air and saying 'oh dear, it's not our fault' - when stuff like this happens, be prepared to have a fight on your hands.

Hopefully this may be the exception case that proves the rule. Make lots of noise wherever you can about it. And good luck in putting it right of course. Do let us know how you get on, please. This is something likely to be affecting all of us sooner or later.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card