Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Has 2B to 2H pencil preset ?

Quote Originally Posted by dafloydman View Post
    Hi all brand new to AR. Does this work with 4.5?
    I have installed but can only see brush test wave under pencil
    pack thanks all
    Hello dafloydman and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes it works in AR4.5
    "Test Wave" is the name of the image or “Sticker” used for the brush head and is used for all the pencils in the pack.
    To use the different pencils as designed select them from the Presets Panel only.
    The Settings panel (where you see the title "Test Wave") is where you can start making adjustments for your own requirements
    You can change the image used by clicking on it's name and selecting another from the list of installed Stickers and clicking on the Spray Variation button will bring up another window to access all the user variables in the Sticker Spray tool.
    To get back to where you started just click on the preset you started with and any changes you had made will be reset.
    Have a look around the forums for more in depth articles about the Sticker Spry tool. There is a lot to it!
    Your going to have a lot of fun exploring ArtRage and what you can do I’m sure!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

thanks markw

Cheers mark thanks so much for the detailed help.

Hi all brand new to AR. Does this work with 4.5?
    I have installed but can only see brush test wave under pencil
    pack thanks all

You can find most of them under the Sticker Sprays tool - they're sticker sprays that mimic pencil, rather than settings for the actual pencil tool.

Installing Pencil Pack

Hello,

Some help please. I am new to ArtRage so I am still finding my way around the application. I just downloaded your Pencil Pack but can not find the pencils etc. I first thought that I had not download the pack properly so I tried again to be told by AR that the pacakage was already installed. This information also gave me the option to repare the download which I tried but I still can not find the pencils. Any ideas what I am do wrong and how correct my problem.

Kind regards,
    Greg

Hello gregwatkiss,

The "pencils" in the pencil pack I made are actually "Sticker Spray" presets, so be sure you first have the Sticker Spray tool selected. Once you're sure you've selected the Sticker Spray tool, open the presets panel and locate and click on the group named "Pencil Pack", where you'll find the presets that act as "Pencils".
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi Sane,

I unpacked the package file into AR and I still can't see these pencil presets, I looked in stickers and presets and no pecils as such, the pencil tab is in stickers but it doesn't being up pencils

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptikron_NZ View Post
    Hi Sane,

I unpacked the package file into AR and I still can't see these pencil presets, I looked in stickers and presets and no pecils as such, the pencil tab is in stickers but it doesn't being up pencils
    Be sure that you select the "Sticker Spray" tool, first. With the Sticker Spray tool selected, you must then open the Presets Panel and select the "Pencil Pack" from the Group menu, where you'll then see the available presets. If you download the newer version of the pack (See this thread), you'll also have access to a few Palette knife presets. To use those, you need to select the Palette Knife tool, then open the presets panel and select that tools "Pencil Pack" preset group from the Group menu.

Here's a video showing the process of installing the updated Pencil Pack, along with how to access the presets for both the Sticker Spray and Palette Knife tools:

Video Link: https://youtu.be/dBbwBLUXSXE

can this support pen rotation

Hi I have been enjoying this pack ,however it doesn't seem to respond to pencil
    Rotation for shading . Is this normal . Cheers

Hi I have been enjoying this pack ,however it doesn't seem to respond to pencil
    Rotation for shading . Is this normal . Cheers
    Hi dafloydman,

Yes, it is. At the time I made the pack, I didn't have access to a tablet that registered tilt, so I wouldn't have been able to test and adjust the presets correctly, for it. I've been pretty busy with my job lately, but I'll try to make some time to recreate the set, with tilt added. Keep in mind, that different brands of tablets may have steeper curves to their tilting (some even allow you to set it), so results will vary, depending on that. In which case, it might even be worth your time to tinker with the presets variation panel, yourself. Just select one of the pencil presets, open the settings panel, and click the variations button. On the panel that opens, locate the option for tilt across the top of the panel and follow it down to the option for scale, along the left of the panel. Where they intersect on the grid, click and drag your mouse to adjust the dial for the presets scale to adjust by tilt. Setting it to 100% (be sure it's positive; green dial) should allow for the full range of your pens tilt to be accounted for.

Just a note about directions, though. I'm typing this all from memory, as I'm on my iPad and not in front of my computer, so some of the details may be off. It should be close enough to make a go of it though. Have fun!
    Last edited by Someonesane; 04-29-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Thank you.

Thank you for a great pack.

Keep up the great work.