ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blending problem

Blending problem

Hello all. im on my third painting using Artrage 4, after saving my work I found I could not blend what id painted, it doesn't happen all the time, have I clicked something by mistake, any help would be great ty

How did you save your painting? Did you use File -> Save / Save As or File -> Export?

Also, can you tell me how you're opening it?

What operating system are you using? e.g. OS X 10.7 / Windows 7
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi dave I always save using save as. and im using win 7, what I forgot to mention was I changed the canvas texture halfway through the painting ( sry ) but I tried doing that again on a test work to see if it happened again but it didn't, ty for replying : )

How large is the file? If it's less than 10mb in size, can you email it to me at support@artrage.com, or if it's larger, you could select the area you're having problems with using the square selection tool, crop the painting via the edit menu ( Crop / expand canvas ) then save the smaller result with a different filename and send me that file.

When you email me, please let me know in the email what tool you're trying to use to blend the paint. I can take a look at it here to see what's happening.

If you have thin paint or media, it won't blend like thick paint, instead it will only smudge, but once I have had a look at the painting I should know more.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Ok, in the words of Sheldon from the big bang theory, what a noob,, I didnt realise id started painting on a new layer, I only paint on one layer,didnt notice what id done,, sry for the trouble dave and ty for your replys

No problem at all! Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear it's okay now.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design