ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloom.

Bloom.

hello there, sharing my recent digital painting, done in artrage and painter. intentionaly treated as if its a mixed media (painted on a grained/coarsed surface) work and to achieve that look/effect was my main concern, the beautiful look of a texture on a rough, grainy surface with tooth).
    painted using tablet, from scratch, after sketching few roses, from refs (real life refs aswell).

thanks for watching....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Very cool looking! Nice work
    Hi!

Wacom Graphire2, ArtRage2 Free Edition

you've got the petals shape and form right...ive tried doing rose petals..its hard.....good observation and colouring......
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Great technique, Waheed.

Your usual style is in the realm of tone. This is a step into the realm of line.

Tonal paintings are more about feeling the subject, while line tends to evoke thought, wherein an analytical ambiance is established, especially when the line is sharp like a draftsman or design engineer would use.

This technique is reminiscent of some illustrator's styles back when illustration was big in every part of the print market (magazines to advertising).

It's relatively fast and easy to make changes (which is common in that business).

For the look of it, I would recommend that you avoid the imprecise airbrush highlights. They look vague and don't support the shapes delineated by the drawing.

This is a marvelous technique your trying out. Your drawing is very nice indeed. Now the color has to fit with that foundation making your tonal marks perhaps a bit more on purpose.

Using airbrush with a defined edge to it in parts may be more supportive of the whole, where line is the key element.

This is just a fine tuning. Again, your drawing is superb and thoughtful, and it should remain featured as you've done it. And the red is rich and excellent.

The yellow perhaps could have done with more color steps or variety. I wonder how even a fine tuned glitter might add a stippled, spatter look to the color in parts. (Thinking aloud. It may or may not work.) Having the ability to erase parts back to keep an edge in places might be good. Mix and match. That's the fun of it. What do you think?

Either way, nail the lights and you have a great technique in your bag of tricks.

looks like a blueprint for 'how shall a rose look when we create it'

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

I like this one a lot... it steps out of the realm of floral paintings by virtue of the detail added by your linework... It has both character and structure.
    Well done!
    Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -S. Beckett

Nice dramatic rose Waheed. It looks like one could fall into the center if not careful.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

thank u.

Deathbstrd...thanks mate...

thank u ENCHANTER...glad u like it....

D Akey...thank u so much for admiring it and for all your inputs. much appreciated. i do agree with that air brush thingi look, surprisingly, i didnt use it, but somehow got that effect accidently. any case, it certainly has to be avoided, i know what u mean, im with u on that....

before this painting, whatever ive ever submitted (except one i guess, not sure), were all done in Artrage 1, all of them, including those recent ones lately. so this is the first one i painted in Artrage 2.2. so it was more like expermenting with all those various tools....

Selby...thank u so much....

thanks a lot Loki, for this very kind comment of yours....

jvolkel...lol...u really me me laugh in end. good one... and im glad u like it.

thanks again everyone...good day.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Oh My! This is excellent. I can only express from the emotional viewpoint, but that is hard too, because it reaches inside me. If roses are for love, this surely fits. If red is for passion, this is again a match. But more, I feel the embrace and warmth that your rose communicates. It makes me want to cuddle right inside it's petals. This certainly would make a great Valentine.

I hope I don't embarrass you with my comments. Sometimes it is the only way I can express how a piece of art touches me. This is like a poem or love song. I'm just a hopeless romantic, I guess.

At any rate, Waheed, it is really beautiful, and I love the exquisite close up view.
    "The artists' voice is her/his art. It becomes audible within the viewer." Suzanne Burgos Peace!

thank u.

a Big Thank You to u artwithin, for each n every word that uve written above. i felt really happy while going thru it all. uve expressed your feelings really well and im glad u felt that way watching it. it shows i did manage to produce something touchy....

thanks again for your time.

have a beautiful day.

cheers.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com