ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Arwen's Song

Arwen's Song

With a sigh you turn away
    With a deepening heart
    No more words to say
    You will find that the world
    Has changed forever

And the trees are now turning
    From green to gold
    And the sun is now fading
    I wish I could hold you closer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may0113_01a.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	327.2 KB 
ID:	75354

Trying these few days different media to paint portrait, this one mostly watercolour 90%, oil paint and little bit air brush.

Wonderful pai, not only a really good portrait but poetic as well.
    Geoff

That is REALLY very well done Pai. Lovely on all accounts.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

WOW! You're mythical!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A really beautiful painting Pai! She's lovely!

A lovely lady indeed , Pai

Amazing portrait. Really captures her likeness, yet you do it in a very streamlined way which makes it more graphic in treatment. Yet it completely looks dimensional. It's as if you removed all the non-essentials yet nailed the likeness and dimensionality in a soft elegant way that is like a beginning to a fully rendered portrait or really complete sketch. Sometimes an artist doesn't know when to stop a painting. When I am not limited by a client's expectations I am freer to stop a painting at the stage where it breathes life. I think this one was stopped at such a moment and as a result it feels supple and alive and honest, as if describing someone perfectly and essentially and succinctly.

Very impressive. Love the colors as well.

Go Pai!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Beautiful work Pai. I loved the actress that they chose for the part. Great likeness, beautiful tones.

Once again brilliant work Pai
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

thank you Geoff, i really like this character in the LOTR and thinking her sweet nice voice singing the song

thanks Bryon, you are always so nice comments

haha, Caesar, you laughed at me. i just like this story a lot.

thanks so much Robyn anad Justjean i am so glad you both like this painting

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Amazing portrait. Really captures her likeness, yet you do it in a very streamlined way which makes it more graphic in treatment. Yet it completely looks dimensional. It's as if you removed all the non-essentials yet nailed the likeness and dimensionality in a soft elegant way that is like a beginning to a fully rendered portrait or really complete sketch. Sometimes an artist doesn't know when to stop a painting. When I am not limited by a client's expectations I am freer to stop a painting at the stage where it breathes life. I think this one was stopped at such a moment and as a result it feels supple and alive and honest, as if describing someone perfectly and essentially and succinctly.

Very impressive. Love the colors as well.

Go Pai!
    Hi Dakey, yes, it's the first time i used watercolor on portrait and i found Arwen (Liv Tyler) kinda of suitable for applying that media. strange though. i also just love the way she looks like that. thinking her beauty in the story is so purity white feeling. i don't want to put more oil paint on this portrait of her. somehow i would think i would carelessly cover her mythical elf beauty look. thanks so much for the nice comments.

yes, Sandy, i really like her to portray Arwen's. I think it's appropriate. the one scenery i like in the series is when Arwen brings Frodo to her father to rescue him and she drawn her sword and protected Frodo from the Ringwraith. And then she summoned the elf spells to drawn the sea horses. That cinematic scene I like a lot. Thanks for your nice words

thanks Katie, you're always so nice comments