ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portrait of my Daughter

Portrait of my Daughter

Well, Marilyn Munroe got me going, so I attempted a portrait of my beautiful daughter. It is hard doing someone you know so well, but I am delighted with the outcome, developing a whole new method that seems to work for me.

Attachment 75347

Abso;utely beautiful

I think you have done a wonderful job. It is a lovely portrait of a truly beautiful girl.

Thank you so much Marilyn Anne, she is gorgeous in nature and in looks. I am still fiddling with the image and will post an update soon.

Mashing Rob SLAINTE

U really know how to get the expressions right ,

real nice painting .

Thanks for stopping by Operated, Alexandra and Eighty!

very nice portrait indeed..It is difficult to draw your own family..I've tried myself without any success

Lovely portrait... your daughter is very beautiful!
    I like the expression you have painted
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Has a 1930s feel to me in a way. Don't ask why. But somewhere in my memory is pinging a resonance with this one stylistically, also the hair style, the simplicity of the garment, the artistically textured background, the bits of jewelry.

It's wonderfully expressive, as someone who has an active life inside themselves and out. She's extremely well painted, with some of the artist's emphasis commenting through the look of what was being emphasized.

Have you ever seen those old movies of artists or photographers working a model to get 'the' expression and pose? This has that kind of feel, as if you yelled "Hold it! Right there. . . Don't move. . . " You've caught a moment of depth or you infused it with what you know and feel.

She's stunning and spirited (or so I get from this painting). Brilliantly captured features. . . but you ought to know, you gave them to her knowing full well she would have to sit for you. It's light years in quality between this and the Marylin portrait. You have to print this one and put a frame around it and hang it forthwith. Waste no time.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream